• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

National Television Awards (warning: rant heavy)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

National Television Awards (warning: rant heavy)

What a complete and utter bastard montage of farcical bollocks; an advertisement on what not to watch! Most of the awards went to tulipy soaps and poxy reality crap.

Best entertainment programme: I'm a Celebrity. Oh FFS, come on! It's about as entertaining as regurgitating tripe.
    Best comedy: Benidorm. Are you tulipting me?!
    Best Topical Programme: This Morning. What utter, utter gash. Surely 'The News' is the best topical programme?
    EastEnders got 3 awards. Bilge of the highest order.

Can't speak for Waterloo Road (best Drama) as I've never hard of it, and the only one there I do watch is Top Gear, winning best factual programme, which is ridiculous as 90% of it is of those 3 tits taking the piss out of each other.

On the rare occasion that something vaguely intellectual or educational is on, it usually gets shot down. Alongside award ceremonies like there, we're only going to end up with more and more of this sewage that's only fit for droves of chavs with the attention spans of partially demented, semi-chewed, dimwitted, half-Persian, half-Romanian putrid maggots.
    It's about time I changed this sig...

Originally posted by MrRobin View Post
    What a complete and utter bastard montage of farcical bollocks; an advertisement on what not to watch! Most of the awards went to tulipy soaps and poxy reality crap.

Best entertainment programme: I'm a Celebrity. Oh FFS, come on! It's about as entertaining as regurgitating tripe.
    Best Topical Programme: This Morning. What utter, utter gash. Surely 'The News' is the best topical programme?

Can't speak for Waterloo Road (best Drama) as I've never hard of it, and the only one there I do watch is Top Gear, winning best factual programme, which is ridiculous as 90% of it is of those 3 tits taking the piss out of each other.

On the rare occasion that something vaguely intellectual or educational is on, it usually gets shot down. Alongside award ceremonies like there, we're only going to end up with more and more of this sewage that's only fit for droves of chavs with the attention spans of partially demented, semi-chewed, dimwitted, half-Persian, half-Romanian putrid maggots.
    Are you annoyed Big Brother didn't win?
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

serves you right for watching it in the first place
      Coffee's for closers

Comment

why do you even watch the award show.
        is ti not just some TV people sucking each other off?
        "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

I didn't watch it, I just found out through reading the newspaper. I am aware, however, at the influence it has over the industry. That is what I'm riled at.
          It's about time I changed this sig...

Comment

I didn't watch it, I just found out through reading the newspaper. I am aware, however, at the influence it has over the industry. That is what I'm riled at.
            serves you right for reading about it then

Most award ceremonies are self serving and the results are to be treated with a large pinch of salt.
            Coffee's for closers

Comment

Working...
            X