• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Junkie defends himself online

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Junkie defends himself online

It would be a trivial local news story:

Birchwoood man in court appearance for cannabis charge

A MAN who grew cannabis in his own wardrobe to feed his daily habit has escaped a prison sentence.

Warrington Magistrates Court heard on Thursday how Christoper Newton-Jordan, aged 22, of Redshank Lane, Birchwood cultivated the cannabis after researching how to do it on the internet. His property was searched by police in December and seven plants were recovered.

The court heard that Newton-Jordan started the ‘small scale operation’ because the defendant did not trust the quality of weed bought from dealers.

... if only the silly arse had not commented on it himself complaining about the coverage in the local paper:

Firstly id like to make it clear it isnt a daily habit at all so dont make it out as if im a baghead or something, and secondly it would have been nice to have been notified that you were going to print my name etc, my elderly gran and/or my dad see this what are they going to think? Oh wait you don't think about that do you, just whats going to make a story.
    My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

If growing a bit of weed in your wardrobe makes you a junkie I am Pablo Escobar.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
      If growing a bit of weed in your wardrobe makes you a junkie I am Pablo Escobar.
      Wasn't Pablo Escobar a producer / pusher rather than a user? This bloke is a producer for self-consumption.

When someone is so dependent upon something that they will risk a criminal record and prison by producing it illicitly to serve their own consumption needs, then they clearly have an addiction. Ergo, he's a drug addict. A junkie.
      My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
        Wasn't Pablo Escobar a producer / pusher rather than a user? This bloke is a producer for self-consumption.

When someone is so dependent upon something that they will risk a criminal record and prison by producing it illicitly to serve their own consumption needs, then they clearly have an addiction. Ergo, he's a drug addict. A junkie.
        Claptrap.

Comment

Suit you. According to this post you are an alcoholic.
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Claptrap.
            No it isn't. He is choosing to break the law to service his drug needs.

Comment

People that tend to grown their own tend to have more mature approach to drug taking than someone that buys from the street.

If someone is committed to getting drugs they will get it and I would rather they self produce for their own consumption.

Comment

Choice.

Comment

Choice.
                  OK

He needs to break the law to service his drug choice.

Still sounds like a drug addict to me.

Comment

People that tend to grown their own tend to have more mature approach to drug taking than someone that buys from the street.
                    So deciding to break the law is the mature thing to do?

Surely the mature thing to do is stop breaking the law, and not partake of activities which need you to break the law?

If someone is committed to getting drugs they will get it and I would rather they self produce for their own consumption.
                    Isn't it better they stop altogether?

How long was it going to be before he was giving the odd spliff to his mates? How did the Old Bill find out anyway? Was it one of his mates that dobbed him in for not being generous enough?

The mature thing to do is just not go there.

Comment

Working...
                    X