• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Just another fckin rant

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just another fckin rant

ClientCo commissioned a dedicated server, spent a day getting it all setup prior to them adding a second hard drive. Motherboard died so they setup a new box added the second drive and re-installed the OS so I had to start again.

Then the second hard drive failed.

There goes the weekend.

Would drive you to drink.
    Me, me, me...

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
    Would hard drive you to drink.
    ftfy

hth

bidi

My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Should went with a Mac... honestly, you'll never learn will yah?
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
        ftfy

hth

bidi

Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
          Yeah, Apple are known for their servers. Knob.
          Me, me, me...

Comment

OK.

Would hard drive you to hard drink.
            Better?

My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Apple are known for their servers. Knob.
              The Apple server's knob?

As in "knob-value"?

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                Hmm, because they use special hard drives? Presumably the kind we were using in 2007?

Yeah, Apple are known for their servers. Knob.
                Well they do make them, but I thought I read that they are ditching that direction in future?
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                  Hmm, because they use special hard drives? Presumably the kind we were using in 2007?

Well they do make them, but I thought I read that they are ditching that direction in future?
                  Ditched quietly a long time ago.

So mac's just work? Try supporting them, more issues than Win machines. Mostly down to the ****wits using them who don't think reading a manual is necessary and believe the myth that they just work. How do I install from a CD? How do I uninstall? Logic changed from x.1 to x.2 now none of my plugins work, can't be Logic at fault...
                  Me, me, me...

Comment

yep x serve is officially dead, only mac mini servers now.

The xserves were pants in an enterprise environment anyway. I came to the conclusion they worked best in small workgroups/design studios/on their own and god forbid if you want to extend the Schema to integrate them with AD...
                    If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur. - Red Adair

Comment

Working...
                    X