• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mrs EO - phew what a day out

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mrs EO - phew what a day out

Me and the missus went out for a walk today, near the East Lancs at Glazebury where the Easter Island head is set up in someones back garden.

Anyways, we got into the big field, and unlike last year, it had a large number of sheep in it. So we headed off around the perimeter, and I started to pay attention to something I never noticed before, a bunch of trees in the middle of the field.

So I explains to mrs EO, a lot of these old ponds are actually the remnants of open cast neolithic flint mines. Nowadays, they are perfect habitats to frogs newts insects and a whole load of other stuff. 'ok she says, lets go and have a butchers'

So we walked over, and we noticed tha a bunch of sheep did not run away. strange. we headed around towards them, and we heard one poor bleating wreck, but couldnt work out where it was. As we got closer, the sheep legged it, and we could see that they had been protecting their mate.

It was tangled up in the barbed wire, in a pitiful state.

She refused to leave it to die. gawd bless her

so we spent half an hour releasing the poor thing

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Did you buy her kebab later?

Comment

Well done EO
      +50 Xeno Geek Points
      Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
      As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Freezer now full, is it?

Bargain!
        My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Well done EO

Was the sheep grateful
          Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Ewe star.
            Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

I'll never forget helping my PE teacher to rescue a sheep, which had got stuck on a ledge about 6 feet down from crag top where we were going to go climbing. I belayed him over the edge and out of view. After about a minute of grunting and baa-ing, the sheep jumped up to the top and nearly ran me over, followed by red-faced teacher. It was a true delight to my overactive teenage imagination.

Comment

Nice one

Well done ewe
                "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Was it Mum?

My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Working...
                  X