• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Classic 60's Films! Recommendations please.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Classic 60's Films! Recommendations please.

Having watched an advert for some TV programme yesterday I heard a tune I recognised. Looking it up it was the 'Rhythm of Life' from the old Guiness Adverts.

Intrigued I decided to track it back and then found it was Sammy Davis Jnr. A little more and found it was from a 1969 film called 'Sweet Charity'. Never heard of it. So then I started to look at it.

Absolutely fantastic 1960's film. Pure gold. So I ordered it.

Having loved gritty 1960s films when I was younger. The Hill, Ice Cold in Alex, Saturday Night Sunday Morning, Zardoz, Alfie I decided for a new hobby to start collecting 1960s films. No westerns, but does the panel have classic recommendations???

(and for those who have never seen 'the Rhythm of Life' and Aloof! from Sweet Charity

What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

BTW just been informed that Vintage will be returning to Goodwood in 2012.

Vintage at Goodwood | Celebrating 5 Decades of British Cool

Comment

Bande à part

Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Cracking.

Bing!

Comment

Who can forget!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
            Having loved gritty 1960s films when I was younger. The Hill, Ice Cold in Alex, Saturday Night Sunday Morning, Zardoz, Alfie I decided for a new hobby to start collecting 1960s films. No westerns, but does the panel have classic recommendations???
            Ice-Cold in Alex was 1958; Zardoz was 1973

Recommended:

and, as we're using the loose definition of "1960s" I'll add The Rise and Rise of Michael Rimmer (1970)

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              Ice-Cold in Alex was 1958; Zardoz was 1973

Recommended:

and, as we're using the loose definition of "1960s" I'll add The Rise and Rise of Michael Rimmer (1970)
              I was going to add If. Brilliant film! Obviously Clockwork Orange is 70's! I'll check out the rest.

Comment

Along the lines of Saturday Night and Sunday Morning

This Sporting Life (Captain Mainwaring!)
                A Kind of Loving (Thora Hird!)
                Look Back In Anger
                The Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner
                To Sir With Love

Comment

Another gritty Northern one: Kes.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                    Having watched an advert for some TV programme yesterday I heard a tune I recognised. Looking it up it was the 'Rhythm of Life' from the old Guiness Adverts.

Intrigued I decided to track it back and then found it was Sammy Davis Jnr. A little more and found it was from a 1969 film called 'Sweet Charity'. Never heard of it. So then I started to look at it.

Absolutely fantastic 1960's film. Pure gold. So I ordered it.

All the Norman Wisdom films - including the other half from the 50's

Comment

Working...
                    X