• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

SC Help

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SC Help

Please can you explain, further clarify a few points regarding SC. Or do you know someone that can answer these questions I can talk to regarding IT contracting and SC?

My SC clearance is with DFT (Department for Transport) and expires Nov 2011. I have been offered a temporary contract for which a recruitment agency / client have accepted my current SC.

In reality all IT recruitment agencies ask for SC clearance upfront full stop. If an IT contractor does not have this they will give the job to someone that does. This is the case throughout the UK with all recuitment agencies. Is this is illegal?

Would I need a seperate SC clearance for each IT contract I take, or for arguments sake I wait until my current SC DFT clearance gets renewed before November this year (5 year renewal) then just use that for each temporary contract I take on in the future

I would be grateful if you could answer the above or point me to someone that can because I dont want to be out of work due to expired SC

Many Thanks

Andy

Have you even attempted to read the sticky at the top of this forum?

</grumpy mode off>
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      Have you even attempted to read the sticky at the top of this forum?

</grumpy mode off>
      WHS

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
        WHS
        WHS....

Would it help your understanding if I point out the need for clearance goes with the role, not the person filling it? Your ongoing clearance is merely an administrative short cut, you are actually reassessed for every role you take on anyway. Having previous clearance only means the background work is a lot easier.

And agencies demanding up front clearance fall into two camps: those that haven't bothered to find out the rules surrounding clearance and those that have but can't be bothered to follow them.
        Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Working...
        X