• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Quote me happy... like feck!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quote me happy... like feck!

OK, this isn't blatant advertising but...

Renewing the insurance on one's auto... £1060 with Norwich Union... £820 with Churchill...

Hmmm...

Just thought I'd let you know...

Don't bother with car insurance. A bloke up the pub says you'll never need it and if you do they don't pay up anyway.

Comment

There is no escaping it... the DVLA, MOT, Tax & now insurance databases are linked or in the process of linking... number plate recognition systems means that plod just has to park a camera somewhere and pull over any vehicle not showing as having valid documentation.

They did this recently in my town and quite a few were caught - I suppose the only way around it is false plates.

P.S. I was going to add that in addition to the Police & Vehicle inspectorate being present, HM Immigration services were also on hand...I wonder why?

Comment

Originally posted by maximus
        There is no escaping it... the DVLA, MOT, Tax & now insurance databases are linked or in the process of linking... number plate recognition systems means that plod just has to park a camera somewhere and pull over any vehicle not showing as having valid documentation.

They did this recently in my town and quite a few were caught - I suppose the only way around it is false plates.

P.S. I was going to add that in addition to the Police & Vehicle inspectorate being present, HM Immigration services were also on hand...I wonder why?
        It was getting quite common in the Thames Valley area esp. Windsor and Slough. Plod would set up a van with a camera, on a long stretch of road, and down would be a couple of bike Plod ready to flag down an offender.

But the problem is that the fines for driving without insurance are less than the cost of a years insurance. Doh. Even Scrotes can put two and two together.

Here in Luton they prefer speed cameras.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill

Renewing the insurance on one's auto... £1060 with Norwich Union... £820 with Churchill...

Hmmm...

Try www.confused.com and www.its4me.uk.

Avoid Wilsons of Manchester if my experience is anything to go by.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill

Hmmm...

Just done mine as well. Quite honestly your lot were one of the most expensive. Went with direct line in the end, cheapest by £50 and with better cover.
            "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

I gave up with Direct Line 2 years ago.

Their online quote was cheaper thatn their renewal, but they refued to give it to me and denied the price was cheaper. Feckers
              Your parents ruin the first half of your life and your kids ruin the second half

Comment

Elephant, saved me £100's.

Comment

http://www.insuresupermarket.com/motor/motorstep1.asp

should beat those quotes
                  The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by TazMaN
                    Elephant, saved me £100's.

Only thing with elephant is that the quote is for ten months not twelve on their "No Claims Bonus Accelerator".
                    Veni, Vidi, Bibi

Comment

Working...
                    X