• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mini Boom

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mini Boom

Started an extension (two months) on 5th jan with a working from home element, three weeks out of four.

Just been further extended on the same basis after the first month, in the clients opinion, was 'a success'.

That means another few of months of watching Wrecks to Riches, Operation Repo and The Deadliest Catch on DMAX.

Plan B (a Cafe) has been running for a year and a half now and could support the family if required, so wasn't too bothered either way if this gig ran on.

I think that constitutes a mini boom
    When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

hmm, banana's not working

anyway, have a banana!
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Congratulations
      "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

Nice one. For those people who can hack it, working from home is grand especially if you live a good distance away. Nice when extensions are extended in good time too, it shows you're achieving.

I reckon it's worth at least £75 a day to me not having to do all the commute/office/pointless meetings/interruptions stuff.

Comment

and have another for the plan B too
          "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
            Nice one. For those people who can hack it, working from home is grand especially if you live a good distance away. Nice when extensions are extended in good time too, it shows you're achieving.

I reckon it's worth at least £75 a day to me not having to do all the commute/office/pointless meetings/interruptions stuff.
            I'm 300 miles and a ferry trip away from Client Co, so this means it's only one week a month with the travelling and hotel bills. They were pretty resistant to it at first (which seems strange when india is close enough to get a lot of it's work done), but it's working now, so can't complain.

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post

and have another for the plan B too

More pleased with the Plan B than the extension to be honest. i took four months or so off to get it started and now the Mrs runs the place and we have a 'contract cook' for when i'm in a gig, then i take over the cooking duties when I'm not.

After a year and a half, it's now up and running and well known locally, with enough regulars to keep it ticking over and holiday makers/sailing peeps in the summer.

Comment

Working...
              X