• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

This should get some blood boiling

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This should get some blood boiling

Illegal immigrant mother can stay, rules Supreme Court

BBC News - Illegal immigrant mother can stay, rules Supreme Court
    McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
    Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

When I read the thread title I was ready for a bout of self-righteous indignation. Imagine my disappointment when I found I agreed with the ruling. Why should her kids suffer because she's an illegal?
    I'll have to slope off to the Mail website now ...
    +50 Xeno Geek Points
    Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
    As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
      When I read the thread title I was ready for a bout of self-righteous indignation. Imagine my disappointment when I found I agreed with the ruling. Why should her kids suffer because she's an illegal?
      I'll have to slope off to the Mail website now ...
      I don’t see why the children would be suffering if they went back to their mother's country of origin.
      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
        I don’t see why the children would be suffering if they went back to their mother's country of origin.
        What would you do about the kid's father?

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
          What would you do about the kid's father?
          he can buy his own ******* ticket
          Coffee's for closers

Comment

And if everyone agrees with a ruling like this every illegal in the country will be trying to get wed and pop sprogs as fast as possible, or even get pregnant before attempting to get in to the UK because we are too soft to deport pregnant women or babies born in the UK.

It's a tough rule and will be some unpleasantries but gotta stick to it or it is worthless.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              And if everyone agrees with a ruling like this every illegal in the country will be trying to get wed and pop sprogs as fast as possible, or even get pregnant before attempting to get in to the UK because we are too soft to deport pregnant women or babies born in the UK.

It's a tough rule and will be some unpleasantries but gotta stick to it or it is worthless.
              Just think about how much money the Lawyers have made from all of this...

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

They is already doing that - remember that iraqi from ooop north wat drove over a young lass and could not be removed? keep up.
                McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
                Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
                  They is already doing that - remember that iraqi from ooop north wat drove over a young lass and could not be removed? keep up.
                  You're not doing too well at trying to stir up the racist coals today, are you?

Comment

She can be deported when the kids become adults.

Edit: I agree that popping out sprogs should not be a ticket to stay here. The kids are British though so you can't deport them or their father.
                    Last edited by Zippy; 1 February 2011, 17:36.
                    +50 Xeno Geek Points
                    Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
                    As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Working...
                    X