• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Microlights

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Microlights

Weight shift type. Anybody had a go with one of these?

Less restrictive to fly being type 2 diabetic (as far as I know but waiting on the doc to sign me off as fit to fly). First decent weather and I'll get a trial flight organised but curious as to anyone's experience.
    Me, me, me...

Really good fun. If you take it up there aren't many lessons before you go solo around the airfield. Lessons are cheap as well.
    SUFTUM

May life give you what you need, rather than what you want....

Comment

Originally posted by Netraider View Post
      Really good fun. If you take it up there aren't many lessons before you go solo around the airfield. Lessons are cheap as well.
      Yeah, that's a big attraction. Have a lapsed PPL so lots of experience anyway which helps. Seems second hand machines are fairly cheap to buy as well.
      Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
        Weight shift type. Anybody had a go with one of these?

Less restrictive to fly being type 2 diabetic (as far as I know but waiting on the doc to sign me off as fit to fly). First decent weather and I'll get a trial flight organised but curious as to anyone's experience.
        Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
          Diabetic but not dependant on insulin, try and control it with diet.

CAA don't like diabetic pilots flying solo but it seems the rules are a bit more relaxed when it comes to microlights, go figure.
          Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
            Diabetic but not dependant on insulin, try and control it with diet.

CAA don't like diabetic pilots flying solo but it seems the rules are a bit more relaxed when it comes to microlights, go figure.
            I guess that'll be something to do with what damage you might cause if you crash (after falling into a coma*).

*Not saying it's remotely likely but.....
            Jim is a Jedi! - Dara
            Jim is EVIL! - Jenny Eclair

Comment

Originally posted by Wodewick View Post
              I guess that'll be something to do with what damage you might cause if you crash (after falling into a coma*).

*Not saying it's remotely likely but.....
              Bellend. So Cliphead should not drive a car then.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                Bellend. So Cliphead should not drive a car then.
                Fu<kwit! It's not my rules - I suggest you direct your scorn at the CAA!
                Jim is a Jedi! - Dara
                Jim is EVIL! - Jenny Eclair

Comment

Originally posted by Wodewick View Post
                  Fu<kwit! It's not my rules - I suggest you direct your scorn at the CAA!
                  That's not what you said you back pedalling

Comment

Seems that if I can drive a car without restriction I can fly a microlight. The clincher is a doc signing a form to say that they're happy and that shouldn't be a problem but in negotiations at the moment.
                    Me, me, me...

Comment

Working...
                    X