• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Do what?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do what?

Heard on the radio this morning that Dan Brown (The Da Vinci Code) is being sued for plagiarism. Well, no big deal there, however, while discussing this it was mentioned that the Da Vinci Code is now the world's best-sellling novel!
    I can't believe it. It's outsold the bible and the Koran and the Torah?
    Surely not?
    Why not?

It's outsold the bible and the Koran and the Torah?
    Surely not?
    I can think of a few people who might dispute you calling those three "novels"...
    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Definition

novel (BOOK)
      noun [C]
      a long printed story about imaginary characters and events:

I rest my case.
      Why not?

Comment

Originally posted by Dundeegeorge
        Surely not?
        As we all know Da Vinci's code is non-fiction, while those other two publications are science fiction

Mailman

Comment

Ten points for best use of irony

Originally posted by Mailman
          As we all know Da Vinci's code is non-fiction, while those other two publications are science fiction

Mailman
          for using the word 'science' in conjunction with religious novels.
          Why not?

Comment

Originally posted by Dundeegeorge
            Heard on the radio this morning that Dan Brown (The Da Vinci Code) is being sued for plagiarism. Well, no big deal there, however, while discussing this it was mentioned that the Da Vinci Code is now the world's best-sellling novel!
            Surely not?
            I suppose the Torah was novel, but the others were sequels surely.

Comment

Well Fungus, you might be interested to know that even the Torah, and various other 'novels' (e.g. the Dead Sea scrolls), were all based on an original work I started back in 1961 (b.c of course)...

At the moment all this is still under discussion with a few QC's, but if Dan Brown thinks he has a few worries then wait till you see my claim against the Catholic church for the last few centuries...after that I've been advised than Islam is the next biggest plagiarist given the number of Korans produced these days...

threaded

Comment

novels

Originally posted by malvolio
                I can think of a few people who might dispute you calling those three "novels"...
                I think they are most certainly 'novel'

What I find amazing is the sheer quantity of 'modern' people (ok we can let the majority of muslims off the hook here) that actually believe and live their lives based on the superstious ramblings of 2,000 year old barely literate savages.

Lets jump back to 0 BC.

The earth was flat
                The universe (which consisted of the sun and the earth) revolved around the earth.
                The world was tiny - largely undiscovered (bring on armageddon biblically its just the middle east thats toast)
                Electricity???
                etc.

Religious people exist on a scale of 'a little bit odd' to 'raving nutter' and all the hues you can imagine in between like 'too scared of life to accept the truth' through 'god in blame management mode' to 'kill kill kill'

The harm most religions visit on humanity is reason enough to reject/ban/laugh at them. If you want to be kind to people just be kind don't dress it up as religion the bad guys do that all the time.

Comment

Without religion the ignorant masses turn to anarchy and rebellion. These people are stupid, they ask stupid questions, post stupid posts, say stupid things. Religion is a form of control, it guides the masses, gives them ideals, beliefs, structure. Their existence is pitiful, pointless, and pathetic.

However, those that question these gods are not stupid, they are dangerous.
                  We don't need questions. We need people to do what they are told. So carry on with your miserable little life and do not question, please. There are higher forces at work here, forces with power you can't possibly imagine.

Comment

Originally posted by vista
                    I think they are most certainly 'novel'

What I find amazing is the sheer quantity of 'modern' people (ok we can let the majority of muslims off the hook here) that actually believe and live their lives based on the superstious ramblings of 2,000 year old barely literate savages.

Lets jump back to 0 BC.

The earth was flat
                    The universe (which consisted of the sun and the earth) revolved around the earth.
                    The world was tiny - largely undiscovered (bring on armageddon biblically its just the middle east thats toast)
                    Electricity???
                    etc.
                    Ere, I've eard that the peeps wot wrote that stuff didn't even ave mobile phones. That's wicked innit. How did they no who were shagging hoo?

Comment

Working...
                    X