• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I'm impressed

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm impressed

The ancient HP LJ IV+ that I've had as my home printer for years has finally died. I can't complain really as I rescued it from the skip to begin with and haven' t had to pay for toner the whole time I've been using it.

Yesterday I went out and bought a replacement, a Kodak ESP5210 inkjet.

I've resisted buying an ink jet for a long time on the basis that the build quality tends to be crap, the ink costs a fortune and they are a pain in the arse to network.

I was wrong. From opening the box to having it on the wireless network and printing from both Mac and PC took less than 10 minutes.

Ink prices are a damn sight cheaper than the competition as well.

The price for all this? A very reasonable £70.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Another vote for Kodak here.

Simple wireless setup, cheap ink and even prints my boarding cards to a quality that airport scanners can read the bar code.

Comment

Funny, your original concerns with inkjets are exactly the same that I would have had. Glad to hear that things have improved since I last owned one!
      You won't be alerting anyone to anything with a mouthful of mixed seeds.

Comment

Got HP LJ II & III and a huge photocopier. All of them jamming.

Replaced them with a Samsung all in one Laser Printer. (scanner, copy and printer)
        It cost £99.00 and been going for three years without jamming. Put through 8k sheets. Cartridge £20 from the wholesalers.

BTW got on old Kodak Diconex (VG)
        "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

I bought an Epson R300 years ago and it's never let me down. You lot all chipped in to buy me a LasterJet 4L donkeys years ago - I was working at the Department of health and took it home to do my CV and they told me they didn't want it and I could keep it. It was brand spanking new! I don't do a lot of printing at home and this printer is still on its original cartridge!! A bit ago I bought an Epson all in one printer and must admit I'm impressed with it - way fatser than my other one. I use Epson ones because places like scan do compatible inks for between 1 and 2 quid! I keep the old epson now purely to print CD's
          Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Working...
          X