• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brilliant business idea looking to the medium term future

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brilliant business idea looking to the medium term future

I'm going to set up a call centre in the low-wage North, staffed by blonde people with thick English accents who call themselves Sanjay and Priyanka.

That way I get a head start on the call centres that will inevitably have to be set up in the impoverished West to service the vast and prosperous middle class Indian markets of the not too distant future.

:
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    I'm going to set up a call centre in the low-wage North, staffed by blonde people with thick English accents who call themselves Sanjay and Priyanka.

That way I get a head start on the call centres that will inevitably have to be set up in the impoverished West to service the vast and prosperous middle class Indian markets of the not too distant future.

:
    It won't work.

For a start Indians won't want to be serviced by poorly educated, chips 'n' gravy eating, whippet racing, flat cap wearing, wife beating, ale drinking brain dead Northerners, coupled with the fact that Indians are not going to understand them as they speak English and t'up Northerners speak some form of ancient language nobody can understand.

Try again.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
      It won't work.

For a start Indians won't want to be serviced by poorly educated, chips 'n' gravy eating, whippet racing, flat cap wearing, wife beating, ale drinking brain dead Northerners, coupled with the fact that Indians are not going to understand them as they speak English and t'up Northerners speak some form of ancient language nobody can understand.

Try again.
      Beat me to it. I was going to post this;

That's verging on racism. You're assuming that Indian consumers are stupid enough to pay to listen to some uneducated illiterate chav who can't help them anyway.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

That is a stupid idea, and it will not work.
        "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

It's a great idea that will finally allow you to get richer than DimPrawn.

Put all your dirty spekulation money from kebab shops into this idea right now.

This is not a financial advice.

Comment

Sas, you should use your skills as a londoner to open up a market stall.

Get yourself a sheepskin coat and a suitcase, maybe practise your patter in front of the mirror a few times. Then learn to haggle.

Who knows, maybe if you're good enough you could move to india and open a shop.

Comment

There's already a fair few call-centres in the area. Why don't you get a job at one.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                There's already a fair few call-centres in the area. Why don't you get a job at one.
                Let me know which one you work in and I'll apply

Sasguru.
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post

:
                  A rare insight into the successful mind of a financial genius!

not.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
                    Sas, you should use your skills as a londoner to open up a market stall.

Get yourself a sheepskin coat and a suitcase, maybe practise your patter in front of the mirror a few times. Then learn to haggle.

Who knows, maybe if you're good enough you could move to india and open a shop.
                    Start a corner shop in India? Not a bad idea.

Or maybe start an English restaurant in Mumbai. In a few years, "Going for an English" with a London Pride or Young's Ale on the side is bound to be the thing to do after a few Kingfishers.

And maybe in time my kids could climb up the ladder through educational success and hard work and eventually join the Indian middle class.
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                    X