• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Deflation

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deflation

Prices don't increase shocker!

Cadbury is cutting the size of its Dairy Milk bar and is blaming "economic reasons" for the decision to downsize.

The firm says it's having to slash the size of its products because if it didn't, prices would have to rise.

It means that a 140g bar of Dairy Milk, which costs 99p, is reduced to 120g and has two fewer squares .

Some Malteser bags have had fewer chocolates in them for a while now, though the price has stayed the same.

Consumer Focus says cutting product sizes can damage consumers' trust in the brands they love.

More from the source: BBC - Newsbeat - Cadbury downsizes Dairy Milk bars and other products

Originally posted by AtW View Post

Consumer Focus says cutting product sizes can damage consumers' trust in the brands they love.
    Tell me about it - In the Middle Ages the CEO of Cadbury would have been put in the stocks, with one of his rubbishy chocolate bars hung round his neck, while the locals threw rotten vegetables at him. All this sneaky downsizing is nothing less than fraud!

And in a month or two they'll have the cheek to put it back to the original size and claim "10% extra free!!". Tossers.
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

I bet petrol stations wishes they can reduce actual amount of fuel in a liter, or wait last time I refulled at Shell garage recommended for better fuels I had easily 3-4 liters more than usual billed

Comment

You wait until they start making it to the disgusting recipe they use to knock out chocolate in America.

I won't buy the stuff since Kraft bought them and sold out all the workers.
        Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Do the inflation indexes take weight into account, or is it just a bar of chocolate regardless of how small the bars are getting?

Anyone fancy a schooner of beer?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            I bet petrol stations wishes they can reduce actual amount of fuel in a liter, or wait last time I refulled at Shell garage recommended for better fuels I had easily 3-4 liters more than usual billed
            Don't Tescos already do that by adding 'fuel additives#
            Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Originally posted by amcdonald View Post
              Don't Tescos already do that by adding 'fuel additives#
              Don't know, I don't like Tesco and don't trust their fuel - BP's ultimate diesel was actually adding up 10% more milage and car felt more powerful, used it for the last 6 years until they closed local BP station - ******* Bob Dudley thinks he can make more money by exploring extreme weather artic with his new dodgy mates from Soviet Russia rather than selling fuel to British citizens

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                Do the inflation indexes take weight into account, or is it just a bar of chocolate regardless of how small the bars are getting?
                That's a very good point.

The answer however is that inflation measurement takes into account stuff like plasma TVs, price of DVDs etc rather than fuel, food, mortgages/rents, taxes and other essentials like chocolate

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                  Do the inflation indexes take weight into account
                  Yes.

Anyway it's not inflation pushing the price of chocolate up, it's the lazy Russians and their rubbish harvest.
                  "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It’s the s*** that happens while you’re waiting for moments that never come." -- Lester Freamon

Comment

Originally posted by Freamon View Post
                    Anyway it's not inflation pushing the price of chocolate up, it's the lazy Russians and their rubbish harvest.
                    Yes, let's blame the harvest - not some chap from the City who uses leveraged loans at cheap rate (check LIBOR) to buy all future supply of beans to make a killing

Comment

Working...
                    X