• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Making more Money via Ltd co - help!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Making more Money via Ltd co - help!

OK so nothing new about the idea but www.cakeincome.co.uk seem to be a good option. I have been working via timesheet for some time - has anyone made the shift to companies like Gabem, Charterhouse or Cake before? Is it worth it?

Originally posted by mogwai
    OK so nothing new about the idea but www.cakeincome.co.uk seem to be a good option. I have been working via timesheet for some time - has anyone made the shift to companies like Gabem, Charterhouse or Cake before? Is it worth it?

So tell me mogwai,

apart from submittting potentially fraudulent expenses claims how does cake or whatever you decided to call your little venture give me more take home pay over and above my own Ltd. company.

I cant be ar5sed to look at the site and check out the "facts" - so what is so special about this scheme ?

Comment

The devil, as always, is in the detail

Should this level of income be representative of your annual income then you may have a liabilty to additional income tax in addition to deductions made from your salary.

And it's £26 per week

Sounds like another scam. Allegedly.
      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by eternalnomad
        So tell me mogwai,

apart from submittting potentially fraudulent expenses claims how does cake or whatever you decided to call your little venture give me more take home pay over and above my own Ltd. company.

I cant be ar5sed to look at the site and check out the "facts" - so what is so special about this scheme ?

Bugger all as far as I can see - I'm bored so I took a look.

They do ask for reciepts in support of expenses so it's not *entirely* dodgy.

The main idea seems to be that they will manage your ltd for you for the princely sum of £26 per week. Given that their rate calculator starts at 40 hours per week at £13 per hour, and they pay weekly, I'd say it's aimed at junior helldesk type bods rather than experienced contractors.

I guess it *might* take some of the headaches out of running a ltd if you really cant be arsed to do it yourself and / or get an accountant.
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB
          Bugger all as far as I can see - I'm bored so I took a look.

They do ask for reciepts in support of expenses so it's not *entirely* dodgy.

The main idea seems to be that they will manage your ltd for you for the princely sum of £26 per week. Given that their rate calculator starts at 40 hours per week at £13 per hour, and they pay weekly, I'd say it's aimed at junior helldesk type bods rather than experienced contractors.

I guess it *might* take some of the headaches out of running a ltd if you really cant be arsed to do it yourself and / or get an accountant.
          sounds like a great scheme (not)

£26 per week (ha ha ha ha aha haha )

Comment

Originally posted by eternalnomad
            sounds like a great scheme (not)

£26 per week (ha ha ha ha aha haha )
            Oh FFS why give them time of day? Newbie pops up recommending some company that would like your money. If you believe it then I've got a bridge purchasing scheme that you might be interested in....

Comment

Originally posted by expat
              Oh FFS why give them time of day? Newbie pops up recommending some company that would like your money. If you believe it then I've got a bridge purchasing scheme that you might be interested in....
              where is the bridge that needs purchasing - I am more than happy to tender for procurement services (for which I will naturally charge a nice juicy margin)

Comment

Well debunking them here might stop some other poor sap from falling for it. And I did say I was bored
                "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB
                  Well debunking them here might stop some other poor sap from falling for it. And I did say I was bored
                  Good point. I suppose I was just adding my voice to the debunking.

Comment

Good point. I suppose I was just adding my voice to the debunking.

never mind changing the subject, what about that bloody bridge purchasing contract you PROMISED me ?

Comment

Working...
                    X