• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Who Gets the Best Jobs?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who Gets the Best Jobs?

Can't say that program ended up well in Chez Minestrone.

"I don't want to watch it I know what you will be like"

"I am interested in the program, can we not just watch it for a bit"

"Honestly this is left wing propoganda, is it my fault these yobs cannot get a job"

"right I'm off to bed you right wing tosser."

Sorry, what?
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
      Sorry, what?

What?

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
        Not something I would watch. Being of the drinking classes by origin, I see these middle management types huddled in meetings discussing who's got the best high class delicatessen within walking distance, how they all shop for only the most obscure ornaments and how their recent safari holiday was a hoot.

Class exists. Deal with it. Business wants achievers, irrespective of class. The playing field has never been so level. The problem is that barrow boys make it into positions of power and don't know how to handle it without being utter knobs. IMHO of course.

Comment

Class exists. Deal with it. Business wants achievers, irrespective of class. The playing field has never been so level. The problem is that barrow boys make it into positions of power and don't know how to handle it without being utter knobs. IMHO of course.
          I disagree, my father came from an area with the worst life expectancy in Europe, he got into grammar school then university in the 1940s, my cousin who lived in the same area was the first person from the 20 years history of the local comprehensive to get into university during the 80s.

You seem to think anyone who is going somewhere is a barrow boy. I can see you have limited knowledge of knowledge.

Comment

Didn't see it. Was watching my first set of DVD's from the 1960's thread I did the other day.

Started with.

Yes, The Rhythm Of Life is a powerful beat,
            To feel The Rhythm Of Life,
            To feel the powerful beat,
            To feel the tingle in your fingers,
            To feel the tingle in your feet,
            To feel The Rhythm Of Life,
            To feel the powerful beat,
            To feel the tingle in your fingers,
            To feel the tingle in your feet,
            Flip your wings and fly to Daddy,
            Take a dive and swim to Daddy,
            Hit the floor and crawl to Daddy,
            Daddy we got The Rhythm Of Life,
            Of life, of life, of life.

Call me daddy!
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Sammy Davis feckin Jnr?!?!?

He put a spikey ornament on his steering wheel and decided to crash his car without wearing a seat belt. We are in a thread about education and intelligence...

...well I suppose suity is in now.

I will go with Mr Bogangles.
              Last edited by minestrone; 2 February 2011, 23:14.

Comment

Sammy Davis feckin Jnr?!?!?

He put a spikey ornament on his steering wheel and decided to crash his car without wearing a seat belt. We are in a thread about education and intelligence...

...well I suppose suity is in now.

I will go with Mr Bogangles.
                If this was a programme about education in the UK, then it's an oxymoron. There is no education in the UK, you need to go to India.
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

I disagree, my father came from an area with the worst life expectancy in Europe, he got into grammar school then university in the 1940s, my cousin who lived in the same area was the first person from the 20 years history of the local comprehensive to get into university during the 80s.

You seem to think anyone who is going somewhere is a barrow boy. I can see you have limited knowledge of knowledge.
                  I'd like to think you understood my post. I'd like to. Seriously.
                  However I suspect when I say the playing field has never been so level, and then you go back over the family scrap book you didn't grasp the current nature of my statement.

So to help, try this revised statement for starters.

Now the playing field has never been so level.

HTH

Comment

I'd like to think you understood my post. I'd like to. Seriously.
                    However I suspect when I say the playing field has never been so level, and then you go back over the family scrap book you didn't grasp the current nature of my statement.

So to help, try this revised statement for starters.

Now the playing field has never been so level.

HTH
                    Su

I'm sorry but you are clearly a mental midget moron who sobs over failed jobs.

Comment

Working...
                    X