• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Wot a Grand Design.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wot a Grand Design.

TV houseboat washes up on beach | TV News Extra Blog - Yahoo! TV UK

Oh Dear.

Kev will not be pleased.

What exactly, did they spend £80,000 on?

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
      They probably got norman foster to do the design work
      Coffee's for closers

Comment

Dunno, but it wasn't for the anchor.

Comment

It's almost certainly still on 4OD, I remember seeing that episode and it was quite interesting. Especially how they cocked it up.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            It's almost certainly still on 4OD, I remember seeing that episode and it was quite interesting. Especially how they cocked it up.
            series 5 episode 18
            Coffee's for closers

Comment

Given that a comfortably fitted-out 72' x 6' narrowboat will set you back about £110k, it's not surprising their 100' broad beam multi-decked boat is incomplete.

15 minutes research with Google would have told them this was going to fail. Or a quick flick through a boating magazine.
              My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
                Given that a comfortably fitted-out 72' x 6' narrowboat will set you back about £110k, it's not surprising their 100' broad beam multi-decked boat is incomplete.

15 minutes research with Google would have told them this was going to fail. Or a quick flick through a boating magazine.
                Every time I see these buying/building a house programmes, whether it's 'grand designs' or 'escape to the country' or any other I'm astounded by the lack of basic financial insight among the people on the programme. They always end up building or buying a house that's way over their budget, borrowing money from all over to pay for it and thereby hanging a millstone round their own necks for the rest of their lives.

The couples involved usually have no sense of reality and have spent years looking for their perfect house, have all sorts of wishes ranging from horse facilities to 'close to the beach and the train to London' and often it's the one who doesn't go to work to pay the mortgage who is most fussy about how the house should be. I often find myself thinking 'why doesn't he dump the golddigging bitch' when some bloke who's working 60 hour weeks in a major city on top of sitting in traffic every day discovers that his wife objects to the dream house found by the presenters because it 'doesn't have a stable' or 'there aren't any nice clothes chops nearby'.

Those are the very people who've contributed so much to Europe's financial woes; people who borrow irresponsible amounts of money without accounting for any of the things that can go wrong, like sickness, unemployment etc, simply because they want the 'ideal home' instead of being realistic and compromising a bit.

I am glad that Lady Tester has a job and a somewhat more realistic approach to life.

rant over
                And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                  I am glad that Lady Tester has a job and a somewhat more realistic approach to life.
                  Whereas I'm glad that Mrs. Noddy is at home to cook, clean, wash and look after my progeny but is very frugal.

Comment

I bid on an old nuclear bunker complex in Wiltshire last year in an auction. It went for £50k more than I bid!

Many years ago(b4 Grand Designs) I remember a couple who built a house on the moors which was underground complete with swimming pool. It looked like the Telly Tubbies house from above.

There is a house where I was born & raised that has a cave running underneath it. Always fancied buying it one day.
                    What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                    X