• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Panic attacks from boozing

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panic attacks from boozing

I suppose its time to hang up your boots when the day after boozing you have minor panic attacks, sweats, confusion, feelings of guilt, anxiety and heart palpitations? On top of the usual hangover symptoms.

This has only started happening to me in the last few months after 20+ years of binge drinking. I cannot moderate my drinking - i'm a classic weekend binger. So I think i'm going to cut it out all together - which is something I feel sad about. I've had some great fun when liquored up.

Time to hang up my boots and find less damaging pass times. I wonder how many others have done this?

Originally posted by aussielong View Post
    I suppose its time to hang up your boots when the day after boozing you have minor panic attacks, sweats, confusion, feelings of guilt, anxiety and heart palpitations? On top of the usual hangover symptoms.

This has only started happening to me in the last few months after 20+ years of binge drinking. I cannot moderate my drinking - i'm a classic weekend binger. So I think i'm going to cut it out all together - which is something I feel sad about. I've had some great fun when liquored up.

Time to hang up my boots and find less damaging pass times. I wonder how many others have done this?
    Or take B Vitamin supplements like us hardened bingers
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Used regularly go out on the piss as a student, but these days if I have more than 3 glasses of wine on an evening I'll feel like tulip all day afterwards. I don't drink the day before rugby matches, and don't drink after the game until I've had plenty of water and a good meal. Best to cut down.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
        Or take B Vitamin supplements like us hardened bingers
        Do you take them during the hangover, before going to bed when liquored up, or just take them every day?

Comment

It's simple - You aren't burning the excess calories as fast as you used to. So it's bottled up early in the week, hence the panic attacks and sweats etc.

Goi for a half an hour walk or jog on sunday pm, or a swim, and you'll be fine.
          Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Not getting any of that as such apart from feeling guilty about the amount. Knocked back two bottles of wine last night without noticing. Hid the bottles in the morning.

Don't have time to go to the pub. If I drunk half the equivalent in beer I'd have a hangover but with wine I'm not getting pissed or noticing it in the morning.

As my shoulder is getting better back to the cage for me I think.
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Still pissed from last night. Arranged a meet for coffee with a lady I had contacted on a dating site, turned out to be absolutley gorgeous and very good fun. Ignored the coffee and straight to the vino, hit a karaoke bar (Plan B recording 'singers' for outrageous sums of money put into action). Another pub, then a chippie cos the restaurants were closed followed by a night club then home.

Will I feel guilty when I sober up? No chance, will do it all again at the weekend.
              Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                Used regularly go out on the piss as a student, but these days if I have more than 3 glasses of wine on an evening I'll feel like tulip all day afterwards. I don't drink the day before rugby matches, and don't drink after the game until I've had plenty of water and a good meal. Best to cut down.
                Similar (but without the rugby). I find water is the key. After every alcoholic drink, have a pint of water. Then force yourself to drink 2 pints of water before you go to bed.

The other thing that's made a difference is having young kids. I don't have the energy to drink much and the idea of having to entertain a toddler at 6 a.m. with 4 hours sleep and a screaming hangover puts you off somewhat.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                  Not getting any of that as such apart from feeling guilty about the amount. Knocked back two bottles of wine last night without noticing. Hid the bottles in the morning. I'm doing close to 100 units a week.
                  That made me laugh out loud for some reason.

Could well be the excess calories as someone else pointed out, certainly I can put on weight a lot easier than I used to 5 years ago.

Comment

You say you "can't moderate" your drinking. I just wonder why not?

I had a panic attack back in August the day after drinking loads of sambucca. I just resolved to cut out the shots and drink beer with Lower Alcohol content. It hasn't re-occurred.

The problem with complete abstinence is that if you do fall off the wagon, you will fall off harder.

Comment

Working...
                    X