• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New agents tactic

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New agents tactic

Agent sends me a linkedin invitation saying she wants my CV as she's looking for testers/test managers etc. So I accepted. Can't do much harm. Then she sends me an e-mail with her electronic photo business card, which includes a picture of a very fit looking bird, leading me to believe it may be her, and saying she'd like to meet up to discuss opportunities for the future. I look at her company's website and the same photo of a really very attractive woman is next to her name and profile.

Now I don't usually have much time for this kind of thing from agents, but she really does look quite fit. What's the betting that if I accept her invitation to meet up she's probably an 18 stone fat bearded bloke with a nasty skin condition?
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Oh come now, Dodgy is only 17 stone and although quite fat and acne-ridden is not that ugly,
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

She probably is v fit - most female agents I've met seem to be. Thick as pigshit: too, which seems largely irrelevant for what they're hired for.
      Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
      +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Dodgy is back from "vacation" it seems.
        "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

only ever buy things from ugly people. that way you know that your weren't swayed by their looks.

also, if its a bird, make sure she's ugly with fried eggs boobies, just to be sure

(\__/)
          (>'.'<)
          ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Go to the interview Mich, go to the interview
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
              Go to the interview Mich, go to the interview
              Dear <agent>

having discussed your business card picture in private with selected members of the CUK congregation, I am happy to accept your invitation to meet up. Can I suggest a rather fine restaurant in my hometown, reputed to be the best restaurant in the Benelux? I'll book the table, and by the way, they have a small hotel with beds for guests.

yours rather randily

Mich the Tester

ps do you prefer boxers or calvins?

Comment

Dear Mich

i'll be there. wear what you like. are you a giver or a taker

Dave
                (\__/)
                (>'.'<)
                ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                  Dear Mich

i'll be there. wear what you like. are you a giver or a taker

Dave
                  Thought so.

Date´s off.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                    Dear <agent>

having discussed your business card picture in private with selected members of the CUK congregation, I am happy to accept your invitation to meet up. Can I suggest a rather fine restaurant in my hometown, reputed to be the best restaurant in the Benelux? I'll book the table, and by the way, they have a small hotel with beds for guests.

yours rather randily

Mich the Tester

ps do you prefer boxers or calvins?
                    Oh dear. Word to the wise (from a previous life) don't sh!t on your own doorstep.

Comment

Working...
                    X