• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Those 'nice' people at Google

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those 'nice' people at Google

Google Video censors Iraq footage - for US only

"The internet search giant's video service is blocking US viewers from seeing an innocuous piece of Iraq footage that Google delivers to internet users in the rest of the world without any problems."

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/02...sors_us_video/

Could this be the reason why....

"Last spring, Google chose to hire one of the most prominent public relations faces of the Iraq invasion, plucking Dan Senor (pictured left) from the desert dust where he was massaging the press on behalf of his then boss, Paul Bremer. Some might consider Dan's CV - a career in the Carlyle Group, flacking for a hardcore Israeli lobby group, and jogging credentials with the Bush-Cheney campaign a little salty. But not Google, who around the same time, also hoisted former ICANN flack and Berkman "fellow" Andrew McLaughlin into a job."

I saw a lovely side by side picture of a Google search for Tiananmen square. The one for China had nice vistas, lovely flowers etc., and the one for the rest of the world with a body that had obviously be run over by some 'track laying vehicle steered by it's own tracks'.

Would have laughed if it weren't so scarey thinking on how the world is going.
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

its
      scary
      We must strike at the lies that have spread like disease through our minds

Comment

indeed

Comment

it's scary, you fu*king idiot.

Comment

audio quid ueteres olim moneatis amici, 'pone seram, cohibe.' sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes? cauta est et ab illis incipit uxor. iamque eadem summis pariter minimisque libido, nec melior silicem pedibus quae conterit atrum quam quae longorum uehitur ceruice Syrorum.

Comment

Originally posted by Jabberwocky
              it's scary, you fu*king idiot.
              Whoooosh, straight over his head.
              His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

So much goes over your head you're getting a stiff neck from the draft.

Comment

Marvellous. A witty ditty from Walter Mitty.
                  His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac
                    Whoooosh, straight over his head.
                    whoosh, you great tit.

Comment

Working...
                    X