• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Malawi to ban f@rting

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Malawi to ban f@rting

Malawi to outlaw trumping/pooting/keffing/dropping one........................

The Local Courts Bill, to be introduced next week reads: "Any person who vitiates the atmosphere in any place so as to make it noxious to the public to the health of persons in general dwelling or carrying on business in the neighbourhood or passing along a public way shall be guilty of a misdemeanour."

Mr Chaponda, a trained lawyer, insists that this includes farting.
    Mr Chaponda must be an HMRC employee:
    He was directly contradicted by Solicitor General Anthony Kamanga, who says the reference to "fouling the air" means pollution. "How any reasonable or sensible person can construe the provision to criminalising farting in public is beyond me," he said, adding that the prohibition contained in the new law has been in place since 1929.
    So, wilfully re-interpreting old laws incorrectly to suit the government is not unique to the UK then.
    My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

I don't know about banning farting in a country, but I've just dropped a few sbd ones whilst in the office ( I made sure no bints about, too embarrassing) - as it's a food factory I might get banned

Comment

Working...
      X