• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Truly stupid people and how to cope with them

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Truly stupid people and how to cope with them

Today has been the culmination of truly stupid people and their overall stupidness.

I am 300% resourced at the moment, and each deliverable has the same delivery date. So the priority call changes hourly.

Last Friday I was 100% resourced to one deliverable and I set up all my workshops, meeting invites etc and now I have been reassigned again, with no replacement.

To ease this we are in the process of hiring a BA. Every candidate seems to find a way to louse up the interview.

SY03 needs a dyslexia test, and the dyslexia charity only test from age 7. He is 6.5 and there is a 6 month waiting list, but they won't put him on it until he is 7. Feckin eejits.

So intelligent folk of CUK I turn here for solace in the bosom of my degree educated virtual buddies.
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    Last Friday I was 100% resourced to one deliverable and I set up all my workshops, meeting invites etc and now I have been reassigned again, with no replacement.
    There are times at work when throwing your toys out of the pram is a good idea.

This is one of them, its not just impacting you but everyone else who potentially rearranged their schedule for the workshops and is very unprofessional.
    Coffee's for closers

Comment

£

hth
      My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

PS. What does this mean?
          I am 300% resourced at the moment
          Do you mean you need another 2 x as much resource?
          My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

The Japs have a good solution to this, have wicker effigies of the bosses in the canteen with baseball bats nearby so you can take out your frustrations when things go tulip
            Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

SY03 needs a dyslexia test, and the dyslexia charity only test from age 7. He is 6.5 and there is a 6 month waiting list, but they won't put him on it until he is 7. Feckin eejits..
              Are you sure he's really dyslexic and not just a bit stoopid... the fruit seldom falls far from the tree etc
              How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
                Are you sure he's really dyslexic and not just a bit stoopid... the fruit seldom falls far from the tree etc
                Oh yeah. Will discuss with SY02

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
                  There are times at work when throwing your toys out of the pram is a good idea.

This is one of them, its not just impacting you but everyone else who potentially rearranged their schedule for the workshops and is very unprofessional.
                  I would never chuck the toys out, but I firmly put my views across and indicated the impact, loss of reputation of the various projects etc.

I was deemed to be being overly negative.

So I let stuff fall over. I warned the customers this would happen and I felt awful but was in an impossible situation. This is true, I do feel awful about this, but sometimes when explaining fails, you have to just let a few plates smash to hammer the point home.

Comment

is it just me who read the title and thought "that is not a nice thing to say just before you go home for the weekend" ?
                    "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

Working...
                    X