• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Black Pudding

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Black Pudding

The missus is a keen art fan, and today she is taking me to the Laurie in Salford quays. So it's only right and proper that I treat myself to 4 slices of bacon, two bits of toz, four black puddings two eggs, and a tin of curried beans. Northern fare for a Northern day out

yum yum

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Don't they eat faggots for breakfast oop north ?
    Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
      The missus is a keen art fan, and today she is taking me to the Laurie in Salford quays. So it's only right and proper that I treat myself to 4 slices of bacon, two bits of toz, four black puddings two eggs, and a tin of curried beans. Northern fare for a Northern day out

yum yum

Thanks for the warning, I'll avoid Salford today then
      - could get a bit whiffy around lunch time
      I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
      CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
      CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

There's a fantastic black pudding in Spain called Morcilla. So no need to go north to eat this delicacy!
        Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

Don't forget a couple of slices of (savoury) savvry duck with it. Yum yum.
          Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
          Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

yum yum

Pah, southern monkey, where's yer tattie scone, pancake and square sausage man.

That southern fare is for the birds.
            "I hope Celtic realise that, if their team is good enough, they will win. If they're not good enough, they'll not win - and they can't look at anybody else, whether it is referees or any other influence." - Walter Smith

On them! On them! They fail!

Comment

yum yum

Lowry - philistine
              Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Not so sure about curried beans, that's a bit la-di-dah.

I agree on the square sausage suggestion though, and personally would go for fried bread instead of toast.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Black pudding is actually pretty rank and the trend recently to force it onto each starter menu is contrived nonsense.

It is a bag of dried blood pellets soaked with water and mixed with a bag of ground seed mixture. The Big Mac of the butchery business.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                    Black pudding is actually pretty rank
                    I love the stuff
                    Coffee's for closers

Comment

Working...
                    X