• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cameron: State multiculturalism has failed

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cameron: State multiculturalism has failed

BBC News - State multiculturalism has failed, says David Cameron
    Coffee's for closers

I suppose he's got a point. This pipedream of all cultures mingling in harmony has often turned out to be the opposite.

But I'm surprised he's come out with it and upset the muslim council.

Comment

Holding post for all the dhimmis to crawl out from under their stones and claim he's a Nazi
      Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
        I suppose he's got a point. This pipedream of all cultures mingling in harmony has often turned out to be the opposite.

But I'm surprised he's come out with it and upset the muslim council.
        WHS. Plus why today of all days? (EDL March)
        Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Very very unfair comments.

As a contractor/permie I have met many muslims and they are more wider ranging in beliefs and culture than christians. This is going to make them feel more isolated and achieve the opposite of what he is claiming he is trying to do. Like it or not Cameron we live in a multicultural world due to globalisation (not just the UK). There are expats in Muslim countries and Muslims in UK etc.

Take a look at Egypt and Tunisia. Religion is just a name tag, unless you actually meet the people on the ground you won't know what they like and even if they are bad you can't blame the religion especially when there are 100 different interpretations and belief systems.

What Cameron has said is going to cause a lot more trouble than good and I know Cameron is not an idiot so he knows what he is doing...

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
            WHS. Plus why today of all days? (EDL March)
            Because he's an arse.
            +50 Xeno Geek Points
            Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
            As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
              Because his head is stuck up his arse.
              FTFY
              "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by amcdonald View Post
                Holding post for all the dhimmis to crawl out from under their stones and claim he's a Nazi
                What's this got to do with Celtic?
                "I hope Celtic realise that, if their team is good enough, they will win. If they're not good enough, they'll not win - and they can't look at anybody else, whether it is referees or any other influence." - Walter Smith

On them! On them! They fail!

Comment

Here is the full text which appears to be accurately reported in the press. Maybe some would like to tell us exactly which sentences they disagree with.

New Statesman - Full text: David Cameron's Munich speech on segregation, radicalisation and Islamic extremism

He goes out of his way to state he is referrring to extremists, either terrorists or those who reject our society's secular and liberal values and not to moderate Muslims. So, once again, the objectors appear to be against the idea of ever addressing the problems at all, of letting the radical groups act as they wish, of tarring any reference to objectionable viewpoints on women, non muslims or imposition of Shariah law as some baseless phobia.

It is precisely this nonsense, the fear that nothing will be done to address the real concerns of those who have every right to a nation and culture of their own, like anyone else in the world, that fuels predudice against the moderate and decent Muslims.
                  Last edited by xoggoth; 5 February 2011, 15:17.
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Take a look at Egypt
                    Ok. Assuming this poll is accurate it is not a pleasant view.

Poll shows Egyptians favour democracy and stoning for adultery - The Globe and Mail

95%: Say it’s good that Islam plays a large role in politics
                    54%: Believe men and women should be segregated in the workplace
                    82%: Believe adulterers should be stoned
                    84%: Believe apostates from Islam should face the death penalty
                    77%: Believe thieves should be flogged or have their hands cut off

Is that seriously the sort of society we want here?
                    Last edited by xoggoth; 5 February 2011, 15:23.
                    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                    X