• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

how can I turn £10 into £11 ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how can I turn £10 into £11 ?

Hi,

How can I turn £10 into £11?

Originally posted by calacik View Post
    Hi,

Direct your invoices via my off-shore scheme and you can turn it into £11.50. See signature and PM me for details.

Comment

You and two mates go into a kaff and have breakfast.
      The bill comes to £10 and you each pay £4. The waiter rings it up and realises he's overcharged you; it should be £8. To make life easier on him, he gives you each 50p back and puts the £1.50 in his pocket.

You've each paid £3.50 = £10.50. But the waiter kept £1.50.

£10.50 - £1.50 = £9.

Where's the other £1?

When you find it, add it to your £10.
      My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Oops. I got that wrong.

You and two mates go into a kaff and have breakfast.
        The bill comes to £10 and you each pay £4. The waiter rings it up and realises he's overcharged you; it should be £8. To make life easier on him, he gives you each 50p back and puts the other 50p in his pocket.

You've each paid £3.50 = £10.50, and the waiter kept 50p

£10.50 + 50p = £11
        My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

£10.50 - 50p = £10.

What's the puzzle again?
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Hi,

Go to Egypt.
            "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It’s the s*** that happens while you’re waiting for moments that never come." -- Lester Freamon

Comment

Eh????????
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Get 10 one pound coins, seperate them into to piles, and count each out loud: 1,2,3,4,5 = 5 in the first pile. Then count 10,9,8,7,6 on the second pile. Now you have 5 + 6 = 11 pound coins.
                Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Count your fingers backwards on one hand, 10, 9, 8, 7 and 6 - plus 5 on the other hand is 11!

11 fingers!

I don't know how it works but I always thought I had 10 fingers?

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
                    Count your fingers backwards on one hand, 10, 9, 8, 7 and 6 - plus 5 on the other hand is 11!

11 fingers!

I don't know how it works but I always thought I had 10 fingers?
                    You miscounted.
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                    X