• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

classical agreements

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

classical agreements

Hi !

Generally, after succeeding the interview with the customer, there is the signing of the contract.

This phase can be botched. Do you usually negociate certains agreements ?

For example :

- Notice period
    - payment rate / time.

If you're asking about negotiating terms and conditions, yes I always read the contract and ask (or insist) that things I don't like are changed.

It's a routine part of contracting to me.

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
      If you're asking about negotiating terms and conditions, yes I always read the contract and ask (or insist) that things I don't like are changed.

It's a routine part of contracting to me.
      And common sense surely? Some will move some won't. It's just part of the game.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by absolute View Post

This phase can be botched. Do you usually negociate certains agreements ?

For example :

- Notice period
        - payment rate / time.
        You would be advised to read the entire contract, and if unsure about anything get it reviewed.

As there is more than just notice period and payment rate/time that you may need to get changed for example some agencies stick in clauses giving you unlimited liability for all your work for ever.

Generally if you get a lawyer/review service involved the agency/client tends to budge on terms.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
        X