• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tough on Cretins, tough on the causes of Cretins

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tough on Cretins, tough on the causes of Cretins

High Court bans man with low IQ from having sex | Mail Online

No wonder sasguru is so angry all the time.

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    No wonder sasguru is so angry all the time.

Comment

An interesting statement:

because sex is 'one of the most basic human functions' according to the Daily Telegraph.
      I didn't realise the Bellylaugh was so influential.

A better source than the Daily Wail for the details is here.

The judge has ruled that within law, that as the bloke concerned does not have the mental capacity to consent to sex, he must be protected from the other bloke in the institution that wants sex with him. That's rather a different slant on the story.

The judge also ruled the bloke is to be given sex education by the local authority in the hope he will gain the capacity to decide whether he wants to consent to sex.

So, a different way of reporting the story would be:

"Adult 'paedophilia' within council care home prevented by courts
      A judge has ordered that a man with the mind of a child must in future be protected from predatory men resident in the same council-run institution."
      My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

A different slant, although not actually supported by that link as far as I can see.

What a F* waste of money this court case was and now they are planning to waste more on sex education in the hope he will gain the capacity to decide whether he wants to consent to sex? Ludicrous! He appears to have sufficient IQ to say if he is happy or not and since neither of these blokes is likely to get pregnant it would seem a lot cheaper to just give them both a health check and monitor him.

Anyway, you can't believe a word Mostyn J says. Munby J is much sounder chap altogether.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

If he did not or could not give consent then why there is no prosecution for rape?

Comment

Actually, The Daily Mail is the best source as it mentions one crucial fact that the other sources don't. That he himself enjoyed the relationship and wanted it to continue.

Amid all the legalistic, interfering bollux I think that one fact is pretty crucial.
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
              If he did not or could not give consent then why there is no prosecution for rape?
              I get the impression the council has gone to the courts for clarification as to what they should do. Should they be permitting man A to continue as it his right to do so, or should they be protecting man A from what is being done to him?

Until that is clarified, it is unclear whether there is rape.

I cannot imagine details of activities occurring prior to the ruling being able to be used in court as evidence of a crime since there was no intent or knowledge of a crime being committed. And, even of a prosecution were successful, what could you do? Fine someone who is in permanent residential care? Or send them to prison? This looks like one of those cases where it is best to not dwell too much on what went on before the ruling. There are no winners here.
              My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                Actually, The Daily Mail is the best source as it mentions one crucial fact that the other sources don't. That he himself enjoyed the relationship and wanted it to continue.

Amid all the legalistic, interfering bollux I think that one fact is pretty crucial.
                And if it were a 9 year old girl saying she liked it?

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
                  There are no winners here.
                  What about lawyers though?

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
                    And if it were a 9 year old girl saying she liked it?
                    What about when a female teacher has relations with an underage male student?
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                    X