• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ram

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ram

Where's the cheapest place to get memory then ??

Originally posted by G8_Summit
    I can't remember...

Check out Crucial...

Comment

ocuk, ebuyer, scan........................

Comment

Ebay might be cheapest. However, got mine from Crucial as they are trusted and had a great system online that could work out which memory would best suit your PC. Worked great for me, I don't know a thing about these computer things.

Comment

Whatever you do avoid PC World who when i went along with my base unit (or whatever) could only muster up one cross head screwdriver across the entire 'PC Support Centre'. Rubbish. And they didn't have the memory i needed or a price for it - "if it's not in stock we can't quote a price on it"

So i got them to show me how to fit it then went home and did it myself, thus saving £15!

Amazon are pretty good......
          Founder Member of the 'I love Janey' Fan Club

Comment

Are you looking for the cheapest brand or the cheapest place to buy a certain brand?

Un-branded memory is the least expensive but there is a high chance it wont work. I bought mine from Crucial from their online store. The price is good and judging by the reviews the chips are quite reliable.

You can check out reviews for different brands on places like ebuyer.

Comment

Your brain?

Comment

The cheapest ram is always in Wales

Comment

I wish I could remember ... Anyway, enough raucous hilarity.

Try Watford Electronics. They were the cheapest last time I looked. Crucial are good quality but a little pricier. You can also try computer fairs, though you have less comeback, and the way some of them handle the stuff with no anti-static precautions worries me. ebuyer can be good.

PC World? Avoid except in sales when the prices sometimes become okay. They sell poor grade stuff at a high price.

Comment

Working...
                  X