• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reduction in fires

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reduction in fires

As the number of fires has reduced by 50% in the last 10 years, shouldnt they be making some big cuts there?

Anecdotaly the only time i see a fire engine is when they take it out for their weekly shop to Asda!

Originally posted by mrdonuts View Post
    Anecdotaly the only time i see a fire engine is when they take it out for their weekly shop to Asda!
    Hardly surprising given that your job involves collecting up the trolleys in the ASDA Car Park.

HTH

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

whats wrong, the dirty beast, making a nuisance of himself round the back again!

Comment

whats wrong, the dirty beast, making a nuisance of himself round the back again!
        I think you are onto something there - scrap the FireService and replace it with issuing every household with a plastic bucket.

There - thats the UK economy sorted.

Next - Peace for the Middle East.

Comment

Yeah because those green goddesses are definitely up to the job..
          "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

As the number of fires has reduced by 50% in the last 10 years, shouldnt they be making some big cuts there?

Big cuts?

Do a Google on "FiReControl"...

Comment

Working...
            X