• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

"The Killing" (Scandinavian Noir on BBC4 on Saturday evenings).

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"The Killing" (Scandinavian Noir on BBC4 on Saturday evenings).

this being it:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Killing_(TV_series)

Two more series to go.

And a fox remake.

Bet that's crap....
    Last edited by zeitghost; 9 June 2017, 08:26.

Originally posted by zeitghost
    This being it:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Killing_(TV_series)

Two more series to go.

And a fox remake.

Bet that's crap.
    your link is missing a closing bracket
    Coffee's for closers

Comment

Haven't watched yet, but I've got it recorded. I'm still pissed off that the original one disappeared off iPlayer before I could watch the last 3 or 4 episodes

Comment

Is the original worth a look?
        ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Gave the yank remake a try but got bored after 30 mins. The copperette chewing gum all the time got on my norks.

I imagine it's another twin peaks style show where all the community is a suspect and no-one offers any straight answers. Then it ends in total ambiguity as they never had a proper story anyway. Or was that Lost.
          Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
          Feist - I Feel It All
          Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

I enjoyed the original, (or what I saw of it). It's similar to The Wire in that it takes a single case and spreads it out over an entire season. That means it has a lot more depth than you usually get in most "case of the week" detective shows, or indeed most movies. It also means you need to put in some effort and stick with it, and hope that the bastards at the BBC don't take it off the website before you can finish it

Comment

I downloaded it and watched first season, though it was good, a bit Twin Peaks/Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.

Currently watching Necessary Roughness (TV Series 2011– ) - IMDb
              It's a bit like "The Blindside" but more for the 'eye candy'

Burn Notice is back, still waiting for Breaking Bad.
              Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Just as well you didn't bother with the original then.

I'm lazy when it comes to reading subtitles. I usually prefer the dodgy dubbed versions so I can spend more time watching than reading. There are some exceptions that are so good I'll put up with the subtitles. e.g. Pan's Labyrinth or Battle Royale.

The yanks must share my lazyness as they seem to be remaking loads of recent-ish stuff purely because they're not in English. e.g. Girl With Dragon Tatts.

I don't mind if they're more or less frame for frame remakes (e.g. Funny Games) but the yanks usually have to change the story and usually for the worse. Especially if it involves WWII and someone other than them achieving something. I hear The Dambusters is the next remake where it'll be the yanks doing it all.
                Feist - I Feel It All

Comment

With a slight rename for Guy Gibson's Dog.
                  Snigger?
                  Coal?
                  Blackie?
                  Squashed?
                  Feist - I Feel It All

Comment

It's back on BBC4 next week.

4 eps per week, Sunday to Thursday, IIRC.

The septic version is dragging on a bit.
                    Is this a repeat of the first series?

Comment

Working...
                    X