• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Using PC screen for viewing internet through mobile

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using PC screen for viewing internet through mobile

Obviously, most clientco’s PC’s are very restricted, so I would like to use my blackberry for viewing internet and emails.

This looks good, but would like something that can work on a memory stick, to remove any footprint from the works laptop. Don’t mind the $40, but if there is a free option, all the better.

Has anyone explored this?

Just bring your own laptop to work, you are after all a business in your own right.

I always use my own IT kit, if client co insist i use theirs for xyz reason I use it for e-mails only and do all other work on mine. 3G mobile internet and job sorted.

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
      Just bring your own laptop to work, you are after all a business in your own right.

I always use my own IT kit, if client co insist i use theirs for xyz reason I use it for e-mails only and do all other work on mine. 3G mobile internet and job sorted.
      Nope, he's a permisockie.

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
        Obviously, most clientco’s PC’s are very restricted, so I would like to use my blackberry for viewing internet and emails.

This looks good, but would like something that can work on a memory stick, to remove any footprint from the works laptop. Don’t mind the $40, but if there is a free option, all the better.

You wish to circumvent your employers security and internet usage policy in the workplace?

Grounds for dismissal. See ya!

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
          You wish to circumvent your employers security and internet usage policy in the workplace?

Grounds for dismissal. See ya!
          Yes please - would be good to get legitimately pushed into contracting again!

Comment

Yes please - would be good to get legitimately pushed into contracting again!
            I've heard punching a colleague works quite well

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
              I've heard punching a colleague works quite well
              He could lamp that bloke that wees on his shoes

Comment

PortableApps on a USB stick will keep the footprint off the laptop but not off the network where it lives.

If you want to do that you need PortableApps and a mifi dongle that you can hook the laptop into.
                "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

I was at a Bank where they were very prohibitive on Internet Usage.

The PC Support Contractors used GoToMyPC to link to their home PC
                  then surf from there unhindered and untracked.

HTH

Comment

What you really want is some kind of cable adaptor that would plug your monitor straight into your BlackberryTM. That wouldn't be against any internet/security policy - it would just be like looking at your phone through a big magnifying glass. Which you could also do.

Comment

Working...
                    X