• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Giving up booze for Lent

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Giving up booze for Lent

http://www.thirstforlife.org/?page=home.htm

Starting tomorrow - 40 days without alcohol.

Anyone up for it ???

Many years ago in my Competitive days I tried to abstain from alchohol for 3 months. All went well untill the weekend before the big compition when I failed on a massive scale.

The competition was a big success, so I can't see why I would ever give up again.
    Your parents ruin the first half of your life and your kids ruin the second half

Comment

I would like to due to my beer gut but I have a stag night this weekend.

Thanks for the offer anyway, have fun.

Comment

Now that I've given up smoking, I'm seriously thinking about giving up drinking as well ( apart from the odd glass of wine). Here's a test. See how many of your mates you have something to talk about with when you're sober.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

I was intrigued about this at first - until I got wind of the fact that it was a religious site.

Bollox to that - binge drinking has been demonised and now they are turning their attentions to social drinkers.

I have now decided to drink more regularly as a result - anything that distances me from a bunch of happy-clappy, bible-basher nerds is fine by me.

Cheers!

Comment

No nation is druken where wine is cheap, and none sober where the dearness of wine substitutes ardent spirits as the common beverage.
            Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
            threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Being a good christian and all - I don't....

Eat Currys
              Drink
              Smoke
              Drive
              Speak
              Fart
              Burp

So I'm giving up breathing for lent - I've been in training since 9.45 and can now hold my breath for 13.78345 seconds.
              Throw them to the lions - WC2 5.4

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru
                Here's a test. See how many of your mates you have something to talk about with when you're sober.
                What happens when your mates apply the same test on you...?
                His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac
                  What happens when your mates apply the same test on you...?
                  They seem to enjoy the gratuitous abuse, random assaults and GBH.
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

...and another thing, I'll give up my social drinking when they give up their planet-destroying car driving.

Try to go past any church on a Sunday and you'll see how many of them are happily clogging up the roads and belching out their ice-cap-melting noxious emmissions in the name of the Lord...

Comment

Working...
                    X