• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mubarak family may be as rich as than Carlos Slim and Bill Gates put together

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mubarak family may be as rich as than Carlos Slim and Bill Gates put together

Meanwhile speculation has arisen as to the personal wealth of President Hosni Mubarak and his family.

The ABC television network in the United States ran a report suggesting the Mubarak family fortune is as high as $70bn (£43bn).

The figure would make them as rich as Mexican tycoon Carlos Slim and Microsoft billionaire Bill Gates put together.

The family is believed to own properties in Manhattan, Beverley Hills, California and London's upmarket Belgravia area.

The Mubaraks are also reported to have large cash deposits in banks in Britain and Switzerland, and to have invested heavily in hotels and tourist businesses on the Red Sea.
    BBC News - Egypt government struggles to finance itself

Now that's got to take some explaining..... Especially with Egypt's poor selling organs to survive

I know there's a rich and poor divide here but flippin' 'eck!
    "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

In Sharm there are several hotel chains who rent the hotels/resort, but will not say (can't say) who they are rented from.
    Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

They've probably had some of my money
      "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
        yes, it's 8th wonder of the world

Gap Between Rich And Poor Named 8th Wonder Of The World | The Onion - America's Finest News Source
        Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

BBC News - Egypt government struggles to finance itself

Now that's got to take some explaining..... Especially with Egypt's poor selling organs to survive

How things change.
          After years of Egypt being a middle eastern friend of the west and barely a bad word spoken about the country or its leaders
          Now the media are now trying to fan the flames of revolution to dispose the evil regime that have had the country in a grip of iron.
          Coffee's for closers

Comment

That's going to affect his severance package.

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
              How things change.
              After years of Egypt being a middle eastern friend of the west and barely a bad word spoken about the country or its leaders
              Now the media are now trying to fan the flames of revolution to dispose the evil regime that have had the country in a grip of iron.
              Makes you wonder what sort of regime will fill the void.

Never mind, a few years of civil unrest and then we can send the UN in.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                Makes you wonder what sort of regime will fill the void.

Never mind, a few years of civil unrest and then we can send the UN in.
                But I want to see the pyramids/Luxor/Abu Simbel this year!!

Comment

If you get going this year, I am sure you will get a bargin. The sites will be deserted too

I went just before one of the wars, only 3 or 4 in each or the tours.
                  Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Pyramids can be done in a day, say three days. It’s then 500miles to Luxor. In Luxor there the Valley of the Kings , Valley of the Queens, Valley of the Nobles, Valley of the Workers, Luxor Temple, Karnack Temple, Hotchickensoup Temple (or similar sounding name) Faluka boat ride around the Nile; total 12 days + time around the shops and in the pool. Another 200 miles Abu Simbal (normally by convoy)

I think you need a month for that. I would recommend the Old Winter Palace Hotel. It is very colonial. Worst Hotel is the Hilton Karnack (too munch like a fortress)
                    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Working...
                    X