• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Online Poker?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Online Poker?

I've decided that this is the way I'll make my 2nd million.

Anyone played Poker online for real money?

Is there a recommended iPhone app for Poker (with real money i.e. not the Zynga one!)?

Played for real money but not "real money".
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      Played for real money but not "real money".
      Like where?

Comment

PKR
        "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

I have suggested we have a poker night on CUK if there is the right type of site for a private room.
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Party Poker, for the chance of bumping into Vicky Coren.

Played for real money for a while, did the confirmation bias thing of remembering the £50 winning hands but forgetting the hundreds of £2 lost hands..... got a copy of 'PokerTracker' and calculated I was averaging a win rate of circa £10/hour and not improving, so jacked it in in favour of sleep and a social life.
            My subconscious is annoying. It's got a mind of its own.

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
              Like where?
              I play on bwin.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Do you need to have a real Poker Face to play online? How does it work - I thought the game was more about body language than cards - though I've never played and don't know the rules...

A former colleague of mine worked for a big online betting company and he reckoned you can win, since most of the punters are overpaid thick professional footballers spunking their money away through sheer boredom...

Comment

I play on Betfair but have always been a bit rubbish at cash games.

Much better earnings rate on Sit N Go tournaments for me. Work your way up from the low buy in tourneys. £25 buy in Sit N Go gives you winnings of about £125 (assuming you win it) with £75 and £50 for 2nd and 3rd.

At £25 buy in you're going to be up against half decent players though so you're better starting at the £5 level and trying to get used to tourney games first.
                  When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    I play on bwin.
                    Google: Ultimate Bet Scandal or Absolute Poker scandal

then make your decision.

Though to be honest, apart from the KNOWN super user accounts, the real problem is collusion (via MSN whatever) and boiler rooms (mainly ran from China).

Online poker is a MASSIVE business rolling in money. It is corrupt to hell at best and fixed at worst. Do yourself a favour and put your money into something useful, like women, cars, beer etc.

I'm not going into detail on a forum, but trust me when I say I speak with some authority on this!
                    Cloud Computing - Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

Working...
                    X