• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ohhhh web 2.0

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ohhhh web 2.0

Nick Fitz has been busy and made CUK all web 2.0eeee

and forum opens in a new window ooooo

milan.

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post

milan.
    No. Admin did it himself this time.

Nick has picked up a contract doing Excel spreadsheets for the Co-Op as far as I can work out from his posts.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

rotflmfao

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post

Nick has picked up a contract doing Excel spreadsheets for the Co-Op as far as I can work out from his posts.
        WTF is Excel? Is that one of those programs used by the kind of person that thinks knocking out a couple of database queries is "programming"?

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post

milan.
          Can't really say it is web 2.0 - it just doesn't look like a design from the 70's anymore Did not think about the forum opening in new window, was just an external address so I just instinctively put the link in that way. At least when you close the forum now you can read some of the news to help out PVs before you wander off completely

If only I could take all the credit! Was a fair few of us involved along the way with this one - I would be really proud if I had managed to put all of that together myself.

The only reason Nick didn't do this one was that the new site is built in Drupal and have a freelancer who I have worked with for years who has a lot of experience with it so used him for the complicated bits. I have too much on to have ever got a project like that finished on my own.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            WTF is Excel? Is that one of those programs used by the kind of person that thinks knocking out a couple of database queries is "programming"?
            WTF is Excel?

Oh you're in deeper than I thought!
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

It's not Web 2.0, it still has links which work as links.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                It's not Web 2.0, it still has links which work as links.

I likes to keep it old school!

Comment

I must be missing something. What has changed?

Only thing I can see is the font for Contractor UK has changed
                  Bazza gets caught
                  Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

That explains the idiotic queries I'm getting from co-op these days. Mind you, co-op pays £1200/day for a Excel pusher.
                    McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
                    Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Working...
                    X