• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Weekend away in February / March - UK for two.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weekend away in February / March - UK for two.

Where would you go and why?

Bing!

this sounds like a perfect opportunity for Gricer and Malc to give some input

Milan.

Comment

As there is not much sunshine to be had without going halfway around the world (which is a bit much for a weekend) I would love to go to Sweden / Norway / Iceland to do some nice romantic snuggling up to keep warm Oh & watching the Northern Lights
      Growing old is mandatory
      Growing up is optional

Comment

Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
        As there is not much sunshine to be had without going halfway around the world (which is a bit much for a weekend) I would love to go to Sweden / Norway / Iceland to do some nice romantic snuggling up to keep warm Oh & watching the Northern Lights
        Thanks - I can't find Norway or Sweden on the map of the UK - which county are they in?

Bing!

Comment

Haworth.

Very atmospheric in the evening when the tourists have buggered off and the pubs are close together. That bloody hill tho......

Comment

If it's for luxury and pampering, try the Penny Hill Spa, Surrey.
            It's about time I changed this sig...

Comment

ROME - not many tourists around and not as hot as the summer, so if you want to have a good look around then this is a good place to go out of season.

If however you just want to go shopping take your pick of any mega shopping centre around the UK!
              "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero

Comment

Minehead

We always make a point of going to Minehead in February as it is the only time of year that Wales is guaranteed to be rendered invisible from view thanks to the permanent shroud of fog that seems to persist over the Bristol Channel.

One drawback, however, is the state of closure of the West Somerset Railway in the low season but Malc and I always go for a quick shufty among the engine sheds regardless.

I can wholeheartedly recommend Old Mother Leakie's, down by the harbour, and the Woof and Blow Bar at the Butlin's end never fails to put a glow in our cheeks.

Comment

Originally posted by gricerboy View Post
                  We always make a point of going to Minehead in February as it is the only time of year that Wales is guaranteed to be rendered invisible from view thanks to the permanent shroud of fog that seems to persist over the Bristol Channel.

One drawback, however, is the state of closure of the West Somerset Railway in the low season but Malc and I always go for a quick shufty among the engine sheds regardless.

I can wholeheartedly recommend Old Mother Leakie's, down by the harbour, and the Woof and Blow Bar at the Butlin's end never fails to put a glow in our cheeks.
                  I went on the WSR couple of years ago expecting to experience the thrill of steam but was disappointed to find they laid on a diesel railcar instead.

Comment

Normally we go to Key West for February but current house purchase has nixed this for us this year. However this weekend....

I'm whisking the missus off to Granada and the Alhambra for Valentines day. Flying into Malaga and picking up a car. Nice hotel & spa booked.

Otherwise Paris is great this time of year - The seafood is excellent plus the Retromobile is usually on in February as well.
                    ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Working...
                    X