• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

WTF! Price of concert tickets.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WTF! Price of concert tickets.

Just got an ad in my inbox for upcoming events in the CIA.

Dolly Parton (still going apparently) is £67 + booking fees

I can't recall ever paying that much to see an act. I think the highest ever was about £40 for U2 tix.

I've got VIP tickets to see Take That at Wembley and they were £300
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Saw REM at the Gallery in M/cr around '83 for 80p.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
        Just got an ad in my inbox for upcoming events in the CIA.

Dolly Parton (still going apparently) is £67 + booking fees

I can't recall ever paying that much to see an act. I think the highest ever was about £40 for U2 tix.
        Not worth it. She has lost her voice and she goes on with the same old gags.
        "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
          Not worth it. She has lost her voice and she goes on with the same old gags.
          I wasn't planning on going, just eye-goggling at the price.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
            I've got VIP tickets to see Take That at Wembley and they were £300
            Doesn't that just make them VRP tickets?

Comment

Concert prices are expensive now because bands don't make that much out of the record sales anymore. You can't 'download' a live gig - That's what I've seen banded about to justify the extortionate price.
              Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Working...
              X