• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Characters in your office

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Characters in your office

The guy sitting diagonally opposite me looks very much like Uncle Fester. Any interesting individuals in your direct surroundings?

And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

There's a guy in my office who his mates would probably call "larger than life". He's not obscenely fat, but he is a large guy. He talks in a slightly funny voice, thinks everything is funny including his own lame jokes. He's called Bob - predictably enough - and he's the least funny guy I've ever met. God knows why he's so happy all the time, but it really pisses me off.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
      The guy sitting diagonally opposite me looks very much like Uncle Fester. Any interesting individuals in your direct surroundings?

I work from home so only have me for company. Sanest working environment for years.
      Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

I've got an alcoholic who shuffles to the loo every morning with a bottle of Listerine and a toothbrush in an attempt to mask the odour.

Then there's the guy with the beard that almost covers his entire head. The back, sides, and front of his neck are covered, and from there it spreads menacingly over his cheekbones and threatens to engulf his eyes. I can't tell where his regular hair stops and where the beard starts. He looks like an ewok - just lips, eyes and nose peeking out of a mass of bushy fuzz.
        You won't be alerting anyone to anything with a mouthful of mixed seeds.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenLabel View Post
          I've got an alcoholic who shuffles to the loo every morning with a bottle of Listerine and a toothbrush in an attempt to mask the odour.

Then there's the guy with the beard that almost covers his entire head. The back, sides, and front of his neck are covered, and from there it spreads menacingly over his cheekbones and threatens to engulf his eyes. I can't tell where his regular hair stops and where the beard starts. He looks like an ewok - just lips, eyes and nose peeking out of a mass of bushy fuzz.
          I suspect you work opposite Mich.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
            I suspect you work opposite Mich.

HTH
            Are you calling him Uncle Fester?
            And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Are you calling him Uncle Fester?
              Uh huh.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenLabel View Post
                Creme de Menthe, surely.

Comment

You work for Steve Ballmer and I claim my five bucks.
                  Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by GillsMan View Post
                    There's a guy in my office who his mates would probably call "larger than life". He's not obscenely fat, but he is a large guy. He talks in a slightly funny voice, thinks everything is funny including his own lame jokes. He's called Bob - predictably enough - and he's the least funny guy I've ever met. God knows why he's so happy all the time, but it really pisses me off.
                    Oh, yeah. I know him. There's a knobhead Bob everywhere.
                    Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
                    +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Working...
                    X