PDA

View Full Version : Web ex users beware

suityou01
9th February 2011, 10:12
I was on a conference call this morning using web ex. The little control panel started flashing so I clicked on it. I noticed someone had typed a message to all participants. Nothing important. But wait, why is this video icon flashing?

One of the participants is transmitting a video. Mmmmm. Click on it. And there is one of the participants sat their in front of their laptop in their home being videoed by their web cam and so all the other meeting participants can see.

Well working from home, people are less than best dressed some of the time, and would perhaps do things you would not do in a face to face meeting.

Users of web ex beware, the next time you are working from home in a conference call, sat in your pants picking your nose, your other colleagues could be watching.

:laugh

scooterscot
9th February 2011, 10:48
Fantastic.

web-ex seems really popular amongst my clients, I don't complain saves me the cost of a flight to London or wherever.

cojak
9th February 2011, 10:53
I was on a conference call this morning using web ex. The little control panel started flashing so I clicked on it. I noticed someone had typed a message to all participants. Nothing important. But wait, why is this video icon flashing?

One of the participants is transmitting a video. Mmmmm. Click on it. And there is one of the participants sat their in front of their laptop in their home being videoed by their web cam and so all the other meeting participants can see.

Well working from home, people are less than best dressed some of the time, and would perhaps do things you would not do in a face to face meeting.

Users of web ex beware, the next time you are working from home in a conference call, sat in your pants picking your nose, your other colleagues could be watching

:eek: :eek::eek :eek

PAH
9th February 2011, 12:33
Ever since AtW confessed (years ago) that SKA was really designed to hack into people's webcams so he could 'buff his squirrel' in front of unaware hotties all over the globe, I now ensure my laptops either have no webcam or it is permanently disabled.

As long as the light next to the webcam is off, the webcam is off isn't it? :eek:

suityou01
9th February 2011, 12:39
Ever since AtW confessed (years ago) that SKA was really designed to hack into people's webcams so he could 'buff his squirrel' in front of unaware hotties all over the globe, I now ensure my laptops either have no webcam or it is permanently disabled.

As long as the light next to the webcam is off, the webcam is off isn't it? :eek:

Pop a bit of electrical insulation tape over the lens to be sure. :D

MarillionFan
9th February 2011, 12:54
I did have a situation a while back while browsing some 'errrm' sites late at night in my 'errrm' underpants when I noticed my webcam had somehow turned itself on and I was 'errr' transmitting.:eek:

Plug got pulled pretty damn quick.:emb

PAH
9th February 2011, 12:57
Pop a bit of electrical insulation tape over the lens to be sure. :D

I have an old mobile phone taped over it, with a clip of that classic Russian bestiality film 'AtW Versus The 10 Foot Randy Gay Squirrel From Chernobyl' on constant playback for good measure.

Shove that up your SKA.

MarillionFan
9th February 2011, 12:59
I have an old mobile phone taped over it, with a clip of that classic Russian bestiality film 'AtW Versus The 10 Foot Randy Gay Squirrel From Chernobyl' on constant playback for good measure.

Shove that up your SKA.

Are you another ex-employee? You knew he paid peanuts when you joined didn't you?

PAH
9th February 2011, 13:09
Are you another ex-employee? You knew he paid peanuts when you joined didn't you?

I like peanuts. It's the promise of having access to all the live webcam feeds I wanted, only to find most of them are obese old men in their undies, that really pissed me off.

Where are all the female pervs? :confused:

vetran
9th February 2011, 17:28
I like peanuts. It's the promise of having access to all the live webcam feeds I wanted, only to find most of them are obese old men in their undies, that really pissed me off.

Where are all the female pervs? :confused:

Getting laid or performing late night on channel one with Antoine de Caan.

Paddy
9th February 2011, 18:08

Users of web ex beware, the next time you are working from home in a conference call, sat in your pants picking your nose, your other colleagues could be watching.

A bit of Duck tape over the cam just in case

RichardCranium
9th February 2011, 19:02
A bit of Duck tape over the cam just in caseMrs RC has a piece of tape over the camera on her netbook with "Property of Mrs RC" on it, specifically so accidents as above can't happen.

suityou01
9th February 2011, 20:37
A bit of Duck tape over the cam just in case

Proof once again people don't read threads. :eyes

Cliphead
9th February 2011, 20:41
I remember reading about the French couple who decided to video their bedroom exploits but got something wrong and boadcast live to the cable system in the apartment block where they lived. Apparently it didn't matter which channel the other residents were tuned into as their broadcast swamped the system.

I think they moved :emb

Wodewick
9th February 2011, 21:55
Proof once again people don't bother toread threads anything I write. :eyes

Ahhhh poor BottyWipe

PAH
10th February 2011, 13:09
Mrs RC has a piece of tape over the camera on her netbook with "Property of Mrs RC" on it, specifically so accidents as above can't happen.

That reminded me of the time I was staying at a hotel and the night porter collared me to boast how he'd caught one of the guests enjoying some webcam time with his wife at a table in the lounge/foyer, and the husband let him stay to enjoy the show, toys included.

Apparently the wife didn't know as the guy had it set up as a one-way video feed so he could pretend he was in his room while enjoying some beer downstairs. :eek:

Moral of story: Trust no-one where webcams are involved. Maybe they should come with lens covers so diy tape solutions aren't necessary.