• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Web ex users beware

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Web ex users beware

I was on a conference call this morning using web ex. The little control panel started flashing so I clicked on it. I noticed someone had typed a message to all participants. Nothing important. But wait, why is this video icon flashing?

One of the participants is transmitting a video. Mmmmm. Click on it. And there is one of the participants sat their in front of their laptop in their home being videoed by their web cam and so all the other meeting participants can see.

Well working from home, people are less than best dressed some of the time, and would perhaps do things you would not do in a face to face meeting.

Users of web ex beware, the next time you are working from home in a conference call, sat in your pants picking your nose, your other colleagues could be watching.

Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Fantastic.

web-ex seems really popular amongst my clients, I don't complain saves me the cost of a flight to London or wherever.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
      I was on a conference call this morning using web ex. The little control panel started flashing so I clicked on it. I noticed someone had typed a message to all participants. Nothing important. But wait, why is this video icon flashing?

One of the participants is transmitting a video. Mmmmm. Click on it. And there is one of the participants sat their in front of their laptop in their home being videoed by their web cam and so all the other meeting participants can see.

Well working from home, people are less than best dressed some of the time, and would perhaps do things you would not do in a face to face meeting.

Users of web ex beware, the next time you are working from home in a conference call, sat in your pants picking your nose, your other colleagues could be watching

"I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Ever since AtW confessed (years ago) that SKA was really designed to hack into people's webcams so he could 'buff his squirrel' in front of unaware hotties all over the globe, I now ensure my laptops either have no webcam or it is permanently disabled.

As long as the light next to the webcam is off, the webcam is off isn't it?
        Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
        Feist - I Feel It All
        Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Originally posted by PAH View Post
          Ever since AtW confessed (years ago) that SKA was really designed to hack into people's webcams so he could 'buff his squirrel' in front of unaware hotties all over the globe, I now ensure my laptops either have no webcam or it is permanently disabled.

As long as the light next to the webcam is off, the webcam is off isn't it?
          Pop a bit of electrical insulation tape over the lens to be sure.
          Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

I did have a situation a while back while browsing some 'errrm' sites late at night in my 'errrm' underpants when I noticed my webcam had somehow turned itself on and I was 'errr' transmitting.

Plug got pulled pretty damn quick.
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
              Pop a bit of electrical insulation tape over the lens to be sure.
              I have an old mobile phone taped over it, with a clip of that classic Russian bestiality film 'AtW Versus The 10 Foot Randy Gay Squirrel From Chernobyl' on constant playback for good measure.

Shove that up your SKA.
              Feist - I Feel It All

Comment

I have an old mobile phone taped over it, with a clip of that classic Russian bestiality film 'AtW Versus The 10 Foot Randy Gay Squirrel From Chernobyl' on constant playback for good measure.

Shove that up your SKA.
                Are you another ex-employee? You knew he paid peanuts when you joined didn't you?
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                  Are you another ex-employee? You knew he paid peanuts when you joined didn't you?
                  I like peanuts. It's the promise of having access to all the live webcam feeds I wanted, only to find most of them are obese old men in their undies, that really pissed me off.

Where are all the female pervs?
                  Feist - I Feel It All

Comment

I like peanuts. It's the promise of having access to all the live webcam feeds I wanted, only to find most of them are obese old men in their undies, that really pissed me off.

Where are all the female pervs?
                    Getting laid or performing late night on channel one with Antoine de Caan.
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                    X