• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Question about hand writing and learning to write

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about hand writing and learning to write

morning all,

my oldest daughter will start primary school this year

in kinder garten they don't really do much writing

but she is slowly learning to write - I don't mean she's slow I just mean they are not pushing hard on the writing yet :-)

question, we haven't really focused on this yet, but now we need to look at it

when she writes she writes from right to left (and she's left handed) - she writes perfectly but it is a 100% mirror image of
    what is considered normal western world writing style

for example she would write...

the quick brown fox jumped over

revo depmuj xof nworb kciuq eth

should we be worried

how to teach her without making a big fuss to start writing from left to right

anybody had this before ?

i don't think she is dyslexic because the spelling is correct

Milan in 'unchartered territory' mode.

Saw the title and assumed it was about you learning to write.
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
      morning all,

my oldest daughter will start primary school this year

in kinder garten they don't really do much writing

but she is slowly learning to write - I don't mean she's slow I just mean they are not pushing hard on the writing yet :-)

question, we haven't really focused on this yet, but now we need to look at it

when she writes she writes from right to left (and she's left handed) - she writes perfectly but it is a 100% mirror image of
      what is considered normal western world writing style

for example she would write...

the quick brown fox jumped over

revo depmuj xof nworb kciuq eth

should we be worried

how to teach her without making a big fuss to start writing from left to right

anybody had this before ?

i don't think she is dyslexic because the spelling is correct

Milan in 'unchartered territory' mode.
      Are the letters mirrored as well or does she just spell words backwords with the letters in the correct orientation?

Comment

it's a mirror of what we would right

so for example, milan she would write as:

nalim

She starts writing in the left facing direction with the correct spelling and sequence of letters but moving in the left direction - hence a mirror image of what we would write

Milan.

Comment

You could make money out of this. Take her to the circus.
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

less of it you cheeky cant

this is a serious question

Milan.

Comment

My partner is a primary school teacher and I see all the writing from the children at her school and she has to deal with a massive range of cases and is part of the daily job. Some of the kids start out looking like they will never be able to form a single letter let alone backwards and in a few years they write perfectly. She doesn't bat an eyelid about it and just gets down to working with the child.

Speak to the primary school teachers. This is a very common occurance and the fact she can form the letters puts her ahead of many children so I would say not to worry. They will have seen this many times and worse and I bet everything I've got they won't be worried and have a plan and system to deal with this as part of normal working day.
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

less of it you cheeky cant

this is a serious question

Milan.
                skcollob

Comment

it's a mirror of what we would right
                  so for example, milan she would write as:

nalim

She starts writing in the left facing direction with the correct spelling and sequence of letters but moving in the left direction - hence a mirror image of what we would write

Milan.
                  No it's not.

She just spells things in reverse.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                    No it's not.

She just spells things in reverse.
                    Yeah, does she write the letters themselves back to front, as in a ´d´ becoming a ´b´?

Comment

Working...
                    X