• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Stealing Freedom

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stealing Freedom

Excellent 'Dispatches' documentary on C4 last night by Peter Hitchens.

A timely expose of how the government are intent on destroying our ancient freedoms and how the police are now enforcers of state politics, rather than the law.

http://www.channel4.com/news/microsi...dom/index.html

Anyone see it?

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Politics used to be the preserve of the wealthy, nowadays it seems to be any oik can get in on the game. That is why we are losing our freedoms.
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Undoubleplusgood report to your NL Labour Political Correction Centre forthwith.

Anybody watch the football or the latest frontline action from the Eurasia War ...
      If you have done no wrong then you have nothing to fear ...perhaps.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded
        Politics used to be the preserve of the wealthy, nowadays it seems to be any oik can get in on the game. That is why we are losing our freedoms.
        Doubleplusgood Threaded.

To think of politics is tantamount to ThoughtCrime, leave such matters to your Leaders and Superiors they know what is best for you.
        If you have done no wrong then you have nothing to fear ...perhaps.

Comment

Originally posted by Central-Scrutiniser
          Doubleplusgood Threaded.

To think of politics is tantamount to ThoughtCrime, leave such matters to your Leaders and Superiors they know what is best for you.
          Oh dear! Another troll who thinks he's the first person ever to read about "Big Brother".
          Last edited by sasguru; 28 February 2006, 14:18.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Slightly encouraging survey result...

From C4's website...

Would you sacrifice your civil liberties for more security?
            Yes 4%
            No 95%
            Unsure 1%
            Probably quite unrepresentative though.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Is anyoe else getting annoyed with the 1984 bollocks yet?
              "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB
                Is anyoe else getting annoyed with the 1984 bollocks yet?
                Yes. The 1984 parallels should be obvious to everyone, I hope, and shouldn't need repeating in every post about our present authoritarian government.

Much as I admire Orwells work, this is the present reality we're talking about here! - not some future, fictional distopia.

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman
                  Yes. The 1984 parallels should be obvious to everyone, I hope, and should need repeating in every post about our present authoritarian government.

Much as I admire Orwells work, this is the present reality we're talking about here! - not some future, fictional distopia.
                  The parallels are there, but I think Labour will not be in power by the next election. Question is will the Tories be any better, or have they got rid of their core principles?
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

I thought it was an ok doco BUT only once mentioned that the ban around parliament only applies to an area of 1100m (or something like that) from parliament grounds (which also includes Downing Street).

Funny thing was...the point they tried to make by reading the names could also have been made if they were standing a couple hundred yards further down the road!

Mailman

Comment

Working...
                    X