• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Characters on your train

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Characters on your train

For months this bloke has been doing the same train journey as me in the morning. He always waits for the train in the platform toilets, alights in the second carriage from the front, walks through to the front carriage to sit down (despite there always being plenty of seats in all carriages), and eats an orange.

Today the ticket inspector nabbed him because he didn't have a ticket.

Does anyone else have curious regular characters on their train journey?

Originally posted by zeitghost
    Statuesque blonde lady that I'd love to have sexual congress with.
    Why don't you ask her out?

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
      For months this bloke has been doing the same train journey as me in the morning. He always waits for the train in the platform toilets, alights in the second carriage from the front, walks through to the front carriage to sit down (despite there always being plenty of seats in all carriages), and eats an orange.

Today the ticket inspector nabbed him because he didn't have a ticket.

Does anyone else have curious regular characters on their train journey?

I always wait in the toilet, it's the warmest location on the station, particularly when the seat has recently been warmed by somebody else.

I pass through the whole train before I take up my reserved seat in the front carriage. This is to ensure that, should the train be running in reverse configuration, I won't have to make an unnecessary journey to the rear.

I find nothing odd in that whatsoever.

Comment

Originally posted by gricerboy View Post
        I always wait in the toilet, it's the warmest location on the station, particularly when the seat has recently been warmed by somebody else.
        I do wish you wouldn't do this.

It's one of the most unhygienic of all your habbits.

Comment

Originally posted by malcolminthemiddle View Post

Come on Malc, be inventive. Tell a cop there's a sex pest waiting in the toilet for an unsuspecting child or something. That'll soon stop Gimpy.

Comment

Originally posted by malcolminthemiddle View Post

You mean he has more unhygienic habits?

Tell us more.
            And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by gricerboy View Post

I pass through the whole train before I take up my reserved seat in the front carriage. This is to ensure that, should the train be running in reverse configuration, I won't have to make an unnecessary journey to the rear.

I find nothing odd in that whatsoever.
              Genius.

The bloke I see every day differs from you in that he stands by the toilet sinks reading his paper - you can see him through the frosted window - despite there being a warm waiting room and a very warm cafe that always has seats available. And we don't have reserved seats on our trains.

Comment

I have:

Timberland man, always dressed head to toe in said gear every day
                Pushy mad bag lady, barges on to the train every morning and has a million bags with her every day
                Angry sleeper, always has a row regarding with whomever is unfortunate to try and sit across from him
                Paper lady who always nicks peoples papers on leaving the train.
                "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                  Angry sleeper, always has a row regarding with whomever is unfortunate to try and sit across from him
                  On every train I have ever travelled on regularly:
                  The regular G*t who puts his briefcase/coat on the inside seat next to him and pretends to be asleep/engrossed in his paper and tries very hard not to meet the eye of passengers getting on looking for a seat in the hope that they will go somewhere else and he won't have any one sitting next to him.
                  Jim is a Jedi! - Dara
                  Jim is EVIL! - Jenny Eclair

Comment

And there are those effing morons that bring their bikes on the train!! Jesus
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X