• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tulip Agencies

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tulip Agencies

I've just been told my agency agreed a renewal 3 weeks ago, nice of them not to tell me

Normally they agree on the day the contract runs out then ask you if you want to renew, not renew with the client and not bother to tell you

They really work for their money the muppets
    Doing the needful since 1827

Originally posted by amcdonald View Post
    I've just been told my agency agreed a renewal 3 weeks ago, nice of them not to tell me

Normally they agree on the day the contract runs out then ask you if you want to renew, not renew with the client and not bother to tell you

They really work for their money the muppets
    But have you agreed to a renewal with them?

What they do with their customers (clientco) is not the same as what you do with your customers (the agency).
    "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

Originally posted by ThomasSoerensen View Post
      But have you agreed to a renewal with them?

What they do with their customers (clientco) is not the same as what you do with your customers (the agency).
      I know that, it's the sheer cheek that they've signed an extension with the client but they haven't even asked me yet.

Comment

Originally posted by amcdonald View Post
        I know that, it's the sheer cheek that they've signed an extension with the client but they haven't even asked me yet.
        What makes you so sure it's you that will be doing it.

As I read it, the agency have lined someone up for the period after your current contract finishes.

If you were the only one not to get a 2011 desk diary I'd be worried.

Comment

yep, they'll be implementing their right of substitution!

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
            What makes you so sure it's you that will be doing it.

As I read it, the agency have lined someone up for the period after your current contract finishes.

If you were the only one not to get a 2011 desk diary I'd be worried.
            Because they're online time sheet now has an extra drop down which coincides with the information I've seen on the contract the client has signed (which I've seen....ooops)

So unless they've got a doppleganger, or we're in invasion of the body snatchers territories they're expecting the real me to turn up

That and the manager on site was pestering me to find out if my contract was being extended, because they've got work they want me to do. So if they wanted rid of me, they wouldn't ask me to pester the agency
            Last edited by amcdonald; 9 February 2011, 16:17.

Comment

Is this the perfect time to get a nice little increase?

Client want you.
              Pimp has agreed.

Only needs you to agree..... BOOMED!!
              Jim is a Jedi! - Dara
              Jim is EVIL! - Jenny Eclair

Comment

Rate rise opportunity!
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Same happened to me a couple of months ago.

I agree, cheeky feckers.

Comment

Working...
                  X