• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

ads.contractoruk.com

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ads.contractoruk.com

Loading the forums keeps stalling on loading from this URL. I've got an adblocker (and see no ads) so what's the deal? It seems really bad today with the new site up but that might be a coincidence.

Anyone else?
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

I'm still getting this. Roughly 50% of page loads I just get the header then it hangs for 10-30s... if I F5 after a couple of seconds it normally reloads fast. Can't I just block that damn URL?

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      I'm still getting this. Roughly 50% of page loads I just get the header then it hangs for 10-30s... if I F5 after a couple of seconds it normally reloads fast. Can't I just block that damn URL?
      This is not a fault, it is a feature that has been enabled for the rest of us to stop you getting on. Looks like Nick still has a bit of tweaking to do.
      “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Just for completeness, I finally seem to solve this by adding the line:

127.0.0.1 ads.contractoruk.com

To my Windows HOSTS file. Maybe google-analytics should get the same treatment, that frequently hangs page-loads too.

Comment

seen the same thing myself:
          http://forums.contractoruk.com/new-f...ml#post1293242

Ads should not have a noticeably negative impact on web browsing!
          Coffee's for closers

Comment

Working...
          X