• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Help, Friend in need

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help, Friend in need

OK I'm going to throw this out there in the hope that the community can come up with some help.

I have a friend (that I met while renting a room in Knutsford). He is a painfully nice bloke, and even under the pressure of repossession is still calm and painfully nice. I really want to help him, but I have to hold my hands up, we are at the ends of my expertise.

He rents this place Accomodation near Knutsford Cheshire, Northwich - Aston Park House

Now arguably not the best website, as I knocked it up for him very quickly in a couple of hours over two years ago, to bring in some guests. This was more the icing on the cake but now it is his last hope.

It has brought in guests, but it has all gone quiet again.

So here's the thing. Obviously a lifetime discount for all CUKers who may work in the Cheshire area, this is a fact. And freebie holidays for those who help in the near future.

I registered him with laterooms.com last night but they have still not called.

I put an Adwords campaign in last night for £30 (budget is tight) and he has had over 3000 impressions and 2 clicks.

I have re-ordered the title of the index page put the word Accomodation and Knutsford nearere the start.

I am not a webbo, nor aspire to be and this was all done over a pint 2 years ago, so for him to call be out of the blue in last chance saloon mode is something of a surprise. That said he is a proper nice bloke and never once laid the guilt trip, and is painfully nice about the whole thing, even though I know this is his livlihood.

If you don't want to post and would rather PM advice then please do.

Sorry to the mods and admin for cluttering up the board with this nonsense, I am trying everything I can behind the scenes and just want to make sure I am trying every possible angle for him.

If anyone does contact him for accomodation please mention CUK first to get the hefty discount.

Thanks

Suity
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

The quickest SEO trick would be to buy domains with suitable names people will search for bedandbreakfastinknutsford.com etc and start a blog on wordpress, blogger et al with similar content about the property

Blogs still get higher rankings, so thats one quick and cheap way to get interest

Obviously get him to register on every B&B directory listing site to get both contractors and anyone else working away from home, tradesman, salesman whatever
    Last edited by amcdonald; 9 February 2011, 22:08.
    Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
      Having a link to it (knutsford northwich budworth hotel accommodation) from CUK will do no harm!

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
      I have re-ordered the title of the index page put the word Accomodation and Knutsford
      add the 'other' spelling 'accommodation' too.

That room photo needs replacing with an attractive one.

For some reason it does not say "free wi-fi in entire premises" or "free internet in all rooms" and it should.

"Prices from £ 120 per week" is an odd home page tag-line for a hotel like this.

... Oh, I see, it;s not a hotel - it's digs.
      My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Get a wedding license
        Get an alcohol license
        Do corporate training/residential gigs

In short, start diversifying ....

Comment

It would probably help if you spelt accommodation correctly in the title, meta tags, body text and links to the website.

I'm sure you'll get lots of hits from illiterates like yourself.

Comment

Hey - you didn't mention it was on rightmove ...

Comment

I'm building a site through this outfit link. Automates all the SEO stuff for you & holds your hand as you put the pages together. Couple of people I know doing quite well out of it.

Comment

Any chance you can get it on TripAdvisor? This is the first place I would go these days to find places to stay.
                They do B&B listings etc, so may be able to get a listing and some reviews if your friend has contact details for any previous guests.
                Last edited by CheeseSlice; 9 February 2011, 22:59.

Comment

A sign ?

oxo with Sunday lunch

Comment

Get in touch with Agencies supplying contractors to Barclays at Radbroke Hall and make them aware of it. Cards / flyers in Radbroke reception as well.

The one thing that would put me off is the lack of en-suite facilities. Maybe look at reconfiguring the facilities to make them more attractive and charging a bit more.
                    Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Working...
                    X