• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What's the solution

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's the solution

On the local news this morning - 2 young thugs stabbed an old, deaf, side of the road flower seller in the chest and took his money - what can he have had? couple of hundred quid maybe? Now that TB and New Lie have made certain that their will be no discipline and have banned smacking how the hell do we control the youth of today?

Introduce compulsory IQ testing and sterilise anybody who deosn't come up to scratch.

It's the only way.

Comment

On the local news this morning - 2 young thugs stabbed an old, deaf, side of the road flower seller in the chest and took his money - what can he have had? couple of hundred quid maybe? Now that TB and New Lie have made certain that their will be no discipline and have banned smacking how the hell do we control the youth of today?
      I think it's a terrible crime, but I'm curious as to how you think it's linked to the ban on smacking?

Discipline doesn't have to be enforced with belting your kids, and belting your kids doesn't by any means ensure they'll be disciplined (When I grew up the worst kids were the ones who got regular beatings from their old men).

Comment

Legalise sidearms - no youth will take on an old timer with a colt 45 strapped to his thigh. The threat of lethal force is the only realistic deterrent. Removing this scum from the gene pool is an added bonus.

Comment

Snaw - the reason I mentioned the ban on smacking was just that it is another discipline tool that is not available today. Also, I said 'smacking' I did not mentioned 'beatings' - there is a vast difference and banning one will not stop the other.

Comment

Fair point on the beating, but I still don't see the link between a couple of young thugs killing an old man and the ban on smacking.

Personally I'm guessing that these kids would be baduns no matter if they got smacked or not for reasons much more complex than whether or not their parents could smack them (Most likely involving the parents, but ultimately down to them).

I'm not against smacking I might add, but for me it's not an essential tool to discipline kids and lack of doesn't lead to this kind of behaviour.

Comment

The reason why beatings fail to work in many cases is that the child's background is far from ideal. Chav kids are frequently beaten by their relatives, but it has no effect because they aren't raised to understand a decent code of behaviour.
              Children raised to understand how to behaviour properly (to be polite, show respect, etc.) don't require physical punishment.

The problem is that thanks to the bleeding heart liberals yobbos have so many rights that there is absolutely no punishment. The police are hopeless, and decent people can no longer 'correct' wrong doing for fear of attack (for example, telling someone to pick up the rubbish they dropped on the street).

Comment

Snaw I think you have misunderstood - my point was that schools and parents have no means available to them now to discipline a child - smacking was just an example. As far as I can see, these young thugs have no respect for themselves or anyone else and I think that mental and physical discipline would rectify this.

Comment

Snaw I think you have misunderstood - my point was that schools and parents have no means available to them now to discipline a child - smacking was just an example.
                  Obviously I have, I would have no arguement against disciplining kids for bad behaviour - I'd just argue that smacking isn't essential, and if I remember right t got banned in schools a very very long time ago (Under a tory gov't) and it never worked then either, all it did was give lunatic old sadists the chance to belt young childrern for next to no reason half the time (Maybe that was just my school).

Comment

if I remember right t got banned in schools a very very long time ago (Under a tory gov't) and it never worked then either
                    That could be true, but what do you replace it with? Children need rules, but what has happened is that teachers (and now parents) have absolutely no way of enforcing those rules. In the class room, the child has all the rights. Just look at the effect; teachers are attacked and mocked by the children. If you allow children to run wild then sooner or later 'lord of the flies' will result.

Comment

Working...
                    X