• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

4 days in and still not PC in sight....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4 days in and still not PC in sight....

grrrr

Not a bad place to work, really relaxed, easy hours, nice people but still no PC available for Dev work. So I am stuck trying to write documentation (but not got all the required software).

Trying to look busy and keep chasing people up for stuff and getting nowhere.....

Looks like this 3 monther is gonna turn into a 9 monther...

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
    grrrr

Not a bad place to work, really relaxed, easy hours, nice people but still no PC available for Dev work. So I am stuck trying to write documentation (but not got all the required software).

Trying to look busy and keep chasing people up for stuff and getting nowhere.....

Looks like this 3 monther is gonna turn into a 9 monther...
    That is exactly the way you want it - Boomed!!

Comment

Head down. Mouth shut. Invoice.

Comment

Head down. Mouth shut. Invoice.
        This project is as urgent and essential as I have seen. It's not my fault things are not going to schedule and they keep apologising, So I can't see them getting rid of me, the delay is down to them not me and they can't afford to not go ahead with this project....

Comment

What the others said.

Gentle reminders once a week on the missing equipment (show you are keen to get going), don't nag, don't whinge, help others, smile, invoice.

Good luck.

Comment

Show initiative and get it sorted yourself. I've had this before, nobody gives a toss about the overpaid contractor, especially the guy who builds PC's all day for jack sh*t.

I had to ghost build one myself at one place, I didn't care, the meter was running.

Comment

Show initiative and get it sorted yourself. I've had this before, nobody gives a toss about the overpaid contractor, especially the guy who builds PC's all day for jack sh*t.

I had to ghost build one myself at one place, I didn't care, the meter was running.
              Trust me, you woudn't be able to do that here.....

Comment

agree loads of Brownie points in popping down to IT and politely asking if you can help with your PC provision. Worst case they say no rudely, best case they build it and you just wheel it up.

If the managers see you wheeling your own PC to your desk and connecting it up they will mark you as 'a self starter'.
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I'll tell you one thing though, if I was permie I would be really pissed off right now... But knowing how much I am getting every hour and day makes this a whole let easier...

Comment

agree loads of Brownie points in popping down to IT and politely asking if you can help with your PC provision. Worst case they say no rudely, best case they build it and you just wheel it up.

If the managers see you wheeling your own PC to your desk and connecting it up they will mark you as 'a self starter'.
                    How are you going to do that if there is no PC which has been allocated to you yet or no PC in stock?

Comment

Working...
                    X