• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Whatever happened to... Alan Partridge

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whatever happened to... Alan Partridge

Alan Partridge speaks exclusively to shortlist / Entertainment / ShortList Magazine - A free lifestyle magazine featuring style, movies, technology, gaming, competitions, quizzes and more

You’ve had trouble with commissioners in the past. Can you let us in on any recent show ideas that were rejected?

If you want to sneer at me about Monkey Tennis, come out and say it. Because my response is easy. Ridiculed by the British cleverati, Monkey Tennis was snapped up by TV stations in Laos and Taiwan and ran for two successful years. I exec produced for a fee that almost exactly covered the cost of my air fare. After two series, the format reached the end of its natural life and the monkeys were quickly and humanely destroyed. I no longer pitch television shows.

Who?
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      Who?
      You've never heard of Alan Partridge? Sports journalist, Tv chat show host and now DJ on North Norfolk digital radio?

YouTube - alan partridge on farming

Comment

Originally posted by Flashman View Post
        You've never heard of Alan Partridge?
        Clearly an imbecile.
        Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
        +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Monkey tennis and Smell my cheese a classic episode...
          Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Monkey Tennis is available on the Nintendo Gamecube.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
              Monkey Tennis is available on the Nintendo Gamecube.
              He could do "Alan Partridge strike back" s he tries to get royalties Silent Bob style
              Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Alan is actually back these days, in a youtube only series of shorts:

YouTube - Episode 7 - Alan Partridge's Mid Morning Matters
                "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It’s the s*** that happens while you’re waiting for moments that never come." -- Lester Freamon

Comment

Working...
                X