• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

President Mubarak - stand down speech tonight 10pm

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

President Mubarak - stand down speech tonight 10pm

Power to the people!

When are we going to have our revolution?
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    30 years after some corrupt person holds the power?

Comment

So is this going to be like Putin where he hands over to some non entity that will just be a figurehead leader whilst he carries on ruling like normal
      Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
        Power to the people!

When the supermarket shelves are empty and there is no entertainment on TV

Originally posted by amcdonald View Post
        So is this going to be like Putin where he hands over to some non entity that will just be a figurehead leader whilst he carries on ruling like normal
        Regardless of the system, Putin was voted in and gets about 80% popularity ratings. Medvedev’s policies are far more to the USA than Putin’s.
        "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Move along. Nothing to see. Go back to your homes.

Oh dear, it's gonna get a bit rough tonight.
          It's about time I changed this sig...

Comment

I hope he hangs on - I don't want him as a near neighbour - there'll be too many compatriates deciding to take a pop at him. He may as well reign until September...
            Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by MrRobin View Post
              Move along. Nothing to see. Go back to your homes.

Oh dear, it's gonna get a bit rough tonight.

He reminded me of Tony Blair when two million people protested against attacking Iraq. ie. Did nothing
              "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Looks like he's hanging on
                Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
                  Looks like he's hanging on
                  a rope ?
                  Doing the needful since 1827

Comment

Does he no know how to take a hint?

The brits would shrug shoulders at the pub and moan, but those Egyptians, I reckon they'll bring the economy to a halt before they give in.
                    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                    X